TUE 5/21 WESTON CAFE, WESTON MO

Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

shoresr

TUE 5/21 WESTON CAFE, WESTON MO

Post by shoresr »

Weston Weston Cafe 019.JPG
Weston Weston Cafe 019.JPG (37.01 KiB) Viewed 1447 times

Can you guess the place??? You can't forget TISH the owner of the ACORN who came across the street and helped serve :o

http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... ston#p3880
For some reason this link starts you in the middle of the posting. Make sure you go up and well as down.

All the rides for this week http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

I think Samatha said the special would be Chicken Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes, and Green Beans, but don't hold me to it. She was so nice, when I asked what she would have for a special she said " The ROMEOS are SPECIAL, what do you want?"
If you want breakfast, get your order in before 11:00.

Glad you had fun remembering our visits to Weston. I think we are aging well and some have loss a lot of weight and are looking better (Bill). So here is the place....
[attachment=1]Weston Cafe 008.JPG[/attachment]
WESTON CAFE
407 Main St
Weston, MO
816-640-2224 Samantha

Generally arrival time 10:30. If you want breakfast, get your order in before 11:00.
[attachment=0]Weston Weston Cafe 021.JPG[/attachment]
You may ask, "why is Roger fixated on this woman?"
Well, it is one of those typical Romeo "small cafe" in a "small town" stories. I called a ride to the Weston Cafe and told them to expect about 20. Then ROMEOS came in from everywhere, they were swamped!! As I went out to get something out of my motorcycle I met Tish coming across the street, heading for the Weston Cafe. She owns ACORN a neat little store across the street from the Weston Cafe. I just had to take a picture and she agreed. I figured she was heading over to the cafe for her morning coffee. Wrong, when I got back to the cafe Trish was not enjoying here morning coffee she was serving coffee and water to the Romeos. I love the people in small towns and it is nice to think we might be helping them in a small way.

Hope you can join us this Tuesday 5/21/13 for breakfast or lunch, enjoy the ride and enjoy the town of Weston. There is a lot to see.

Attachments
Weston Cafe 008.JPG
Weston Weston Cafe 021.JPG
shoresr

Re: TUES 5/21 Can you guess??

Post by shoresr »

Everyone was looking for Tish, but she didn't show up. I went to her store to say HELLO, but she wasn't open yet.
Breakfast or lunch, no one went away hungry :P
Samantha and her MOM plus the rest of the crew at the Weston Cafe did an outstanding job. Big smiles, good food and good service. What more can you ask for?
Sorry John (not your best picture), caught you by surprise, I was trying to get a picture of Leland and his brother. They rode up from Paola today.
Strickly by guess, this could have been our biggest "lunch". One person told me he counted 87 bikes and he said he knew of 10 that were leaving as he pulled up :o We turned this room 3 times and spilled over into the front dining room!
Bikes lined the streets, both sides and around the corners.
Who is this? Don't recognize this beautiful Victory.
One beautiful clean machine ;)
We missed Mary, but it is always good to see Gary.
Everyone always asks about Spike. Here he is, and he was on two wheels :D He is doesn't have much of an appetite and what he does eat, doesn't always set real good, so it makes coming to ROMEO lunches a little hard. He going to the doctor this week and he hopes they can help him out. :!: Bohn always takes a good picture.
You know guys don't always hear exactly what their wives say ;) Slina told Leland she wanted a NEW BLACK CARPET....Leland got her a NEW BLACK BMW. This is her new "MAGIC FLYING CARPET :!: " :lol:
Leland has rode over 750,000 miles on BMW's. In about 3 weeks he and Slina are riding to ALASKA. We wish them well and a safe fun trip.
Now you ask "Why did he take these two pictures of ROMEOs with those smelly ol' cigars :?: " These guys brought back a memory of two ROMEOs that used to ride with us, Bob Hagan and Bob Hess, JR. They were founding members of the Kansas City Romeos and they only came to lunches so they could sneak a "cigar". They only thought their wives couldn't smell them when they got home :oops: We miss you guys. Good memories.
Weston is the home of McCormick Distillery and they have an outlet store right on Main St. :o Swanee and Tom are keeping the tradition alive.
You know it is a rough job, but someone has to do it. I got a big "THANK YOU KISS" from Samantha for all the ROMEOs coming to the Weston Cafe today.

Roger/Don,
I don't know if you knew, or remember, Jim Davis. He has had a Harley of one kind or another for years, and had a nice '85 Goldwing that he sold to Ron Russell several years back. He was a long standing member of the Oatmeal Gang, and went on quite a few Romeo rides, altho he hasn't been on a Romeo ride for a while. Anyway, he passed away last week, but I/we just found out about it this evening.
Here's the obit that was in the Star:

James L. Davis, 73, passed away May 14, 2013. Jim was born July 30, 1939 in Redman, IL, the son of Everett and Nellie Colllier Davis. He was employed by the railroad for 33 years. Jim s hobbies included riding his Harley Davidson and target shooting. He was a member of the American Legion. Jim is survived by his sisters, Mary Jacqueline Brodhecker (Floyd deceased) and Norma Carol Lee Utech (Bill). He was preceded in death by his father, Everett M. Davis; mother, Nellie M. Duzan; step- father, Loyd Duzan; and his son, Michael E. Davis. A memorial service will be held at 11:00 a.m. on May 25, 2013 at Dove Cremation & Funeral Service Chapel. Visitation will be held for one hour prior to the service. Memorial contributions may be made to Midland Care, 200 SW Frazier Cir. Topeka, KS 66606.
Published in Topeka Capital-Journal on May 19, 2013

I don't know for sure, but I would think some of our Romeo's knew him, so I thought you might want to pass this along.
Sadly, Mike