THU 4/25 RILEY'S PUB, LEXINGTON, MO

Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

shoresr

THU 4/25 RILEY'S PUB, LEXINGTON, MO

Post by shoresr »

THURSDAY 4/25/13 11:00 AM
weather1.jpg
As you can see we drew another bad day on Tuesday, so we are heading out on a sunny 60 degree day on THURSDAY.
[attachment=6]shapeimage_5.png[/attachment]
RILEY'S IRISH PUB (opens normally at 11:00 but will open earlier 10:30 for us)
913 Main Street
Lexington, MO
660-259-4770 Becky
http://www.rileyspub.net/Rileys_Irish_Pub/Welcome.html

All the rides for this week http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

The last time we went to Riley's because Carratas had a fire, Riley's opened just for us, I asked you to support the lunch and you turned out in bunches. Everyone had a great day.
http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... leys#p2022 (link to pictures from last visit to Rileys 2010 and they still remember us!!

Lexington is a neat little Civil War town. It is the one that still has the cannon ball in the pillar of the court house. Remember this is the battle where the Union had the high ground and the Confederates won the battle by hiding behind the hemp bales and rolling them up the hill!!

Lots of good riding out this way. May sure if you come out 24 highway, you take the 224 River Road to Wellington-Napoleon for a nice ride along the river.

I know there are some of you who can only go on Tuesday so I have planned something for you, too.
[attachment=5]Mapleton 005.JPG[/attachment]
Jerry's Cafe (opens at six and serves breakfast all day)
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/34/1549569/ ... ansas-City
1209 W. 103 St
Watts Mill Shopping Center (State Line and 103rd)
Kansas City, MO
816-941-4055

All the rides for this week http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

If I had to pick the place for the best "ROMEO FOOD" breakfast or lunch in all of Missouri or Kansas, it would be Jerry's. I have eaten at Jerry's places (Woodwether Cafe in the West Bottoms) for over 40 years. Jerry has tried to retire 2 or 3 times but he loves to cook and see the smiles on people's faces. Jerry is in the kitchen and cooks every order himself. The double cheese hamburger with fries and a milk shake is something you have never seen before. So big and juicy you don't know how your going to get it in your mouth. The pancakes fall off the side of the plate and the best omelets you have every had. Oh, do don't overlook the cinnamon rolls, huge!!

Okay, now the negative. Jerry's is small place maybe max 40 (?) and since Jerry cooks everything himself if they are 30 - 40 customers it gets real .....sloooooow. That is the reason I am putting this on a rainy, chance of flurries, cold day when we can't ride. I told Jerry 10 to 15. He was really excited and offered to put the tables together and give us the whole place. I said NO!! I hate to give such a build up and be hoping that all the ROMEOs don't show up, but I wanted to share Jerry's with you. If you can't make it this Tuesday do try it some time. I did tell Jerry we have had 30-40 at breakfast/lunches and you should have seen the "twinkle" in his eye!! He loves to feed people..the more the merrier. Go at your own risk!! He may be slow cooking, but he has lots of help and your cup will never be empty!!
[attachment=4]IMG_2472.JPG[/attachment]
Mike came in for a piece of pie to make sure I wasn't eating alone. Denny came all the way down from Camden Point. In all I counted 9.
[attachment=3]IMG_2469.JPG[/attachment]
Everyone was impressed with the food. I think we even filled up Dan although it took a cinnamon roll to finish it off. Dan made sure that Paul could get out and see the guys.
[attachment=2]IMG_2471.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=1]IMG_2470.JPG[/attachment]
It was worth the trip, just for the cinnamon roll fills the plate and only $2.99. Whenever you are really hungry and you want a good meal, stop in at Jerry's Cafe. You will be glad you did.

As predicted the weather today was terrible. Hopefully, this will be the last. Don't forget Thursday!! Lexington
Attachments
shapeimage_5.png
shapeimage_5.png (142.67 KiB) Viewed 1915 times
Mapleton 005.JPG
Non ride report
Non ride report
IMG_2469.JPG
IMG_2471.JPG
IMG_2470.JPG
shoresr

Ride Report Rileyh's 4/25/13 LEXINGTON, MO

Post by shoresr »

DESSERT FIRST!! ;) Mary thought the bread pudding was wonderful.
Seeing sunshine and everyone out having such a good time got me out of my winter depression.
The "Polish Prince" got right into the spirit of things, being Riley's was an Irish Pub.
Of course, Butler and Lone Jack were represented.
We filled the street, so many I couldn't get all the bikes in one pictures
Bill thought the Concourse needed some exercise. It was a push but Bill made both lunches this week.
Girls gotta go shopping.
Guys gotta sit and wait.
and talk. Melissa made a scrapbook of our Ride Around Kansas to the four corners and she shared it with the group.
Now, how's that for a nice seat. Think you could do some miles in that :P
The funeral was for the guy who owned the Old Town Tavern. Think his name was Hughes. Explains all the Harley riders. Did you notice none of them had helmets on? Guess the local LEO looked the other way for this one. We were sorry for the loss but, but we loved the Hearse. This was a really big funeral. FYI.. We think the hearse was provided by Clear Creek Coach Motorcycle Hearse Service ($500)
The smiling faces tell it all
And the girls did more shopping :shock: :roll: :o

Thanks for coming. I hope everyone had as good a day as we did.