TUES 10/16 FarmHouse Kitchen, Appleton City, MO

Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

shoresr

TUES 10/16 FarmHouse Kitchen, Appleton City, MO

Post by shoresr »

I think Dan is taking us to a "SPEAK-EASY" 8-)

FarmHouse Kitchen
302 Railroad Avenue
Appleton City, MO
660-476-2300
Eric & Vicki

Get directions from our google map. All the rides for this week:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

Dan Doerhoff reports:
Food: Excellent
Prices: Good
Parking: Large paved lot
Note: Very clean and neat.
Can hold large crowd
No Breakfast: open at 11:00 am
"We ate there last week-a very good place!!"
Dan

I usually check places out before we go, but with a scouting report like this, I don't think it is necessary.

When I called to arrange our visit I could tell these people are set on doing a good job and we are going to be a big job for them. The special for the us is going to be HAM & BEANS AND CORNBREAD :D or you can order off the menu.

Normally they don't open till 11:00, but to get a jump on things they are going to open at 10:30 am, but we have to come in the back door :o The back door and entrance to the "private" dining room is on the WEST SIDE of the building. The front door will be LOCKED :lol: , but they are expecting us. Also they suggested that we park in the big lot on the SOUTH SIDE of the building, "where no one parks except employees" :lol: ... Now, I told her we were a motorcycle group, but I really don't think she is trying to hide us. :twisted:

This is a pretty good ride for some, (Camden Point---I think Denny and/or Gale have ties to Appleton City), but the forecast is for a beautiful day and this time of the year we have to make those days count. Eastern Kansas is coming to Smoky's in Wellsville, KS on Wednesday. A great place right in our backyard. I hope you can make both lunches.
Bob K.

Re: TUES 10/16 FarmHouse Kitchen, Appleton City, MO

Post by Bob K. »

The FarmHouse Kitchen in Appleton City was a nice ride from the city, and full of good food and friends.[attachment=12]10-16-12 030.JPG[/attachment][attachment=11]10-16-12 020.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]10-16-12 022.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]10-16-12 025.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]10-16-12 024.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]10-16-12 028.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]10-16-12 040.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]10-16-12 041.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]10-16-12 044.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]10-16-12 045.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]10-16-12 043.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]10-16-12 046.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]10-16-12 048.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments
10-16-12 030.JPG
10-16-12 020.JPG
10-16-12 022.JPG
10-16-12 025.JPG
10-16-12 024.JPG
10-16-12 028.JPG
Dennis is from Appleton City.
Dennis is from Appleton City.
10-16-12 041.JPG
Peggy look, there's a ham in the picture!
Peggy look, there's a ham in the picture!
10-16-12 045.JPG
The potato soup was really good, also.
The potato soup was really good, also.
They shut the doors on us, because we speak and laugh often and loud, so it wasn't a 'Speak-Easy'.
They shut the doors on us, because we speak and laugh often and loud, so it wasn't a 'Speak-Easy'.
I think we spend as much time outside talking as we did for the meal.
I think we spend as much time outside talking as we did for the meal.
shoresr

Re: TUES 10/16 FarmHouse Kitchen, Appleton City, MO

Post by shoresr »

Thanks Bob for posting the pictures. Man you are fast, too.
[attachment=5]Appleton City, FarmHouse 006.JPG[/attachment]
You guys amaze me :!: Appleton City is a long way away!! I rode over 90 miles to get there. They open at 11:00 am I pull into the parking lot at 10:56 am and there is not a person to be seen and the parking lot is full of bikes.[attachment=10]Appleton City, FarmHouse 008.JPG[/attachment]And one of the first bikes I see is "Junior" Harold T. from Holton, KS 30 or so miles north of Topeka. :o Swanee, who came down with Junior said he it wasn't near as far for him he lives in close to Topeka. Google gives the most direct route for Holton is 180 miles over 3 hours. My unofficial survey gives them the long distance award and a very big Romeo welcome. They don't miss very many rides, but I thought today needed special recognition.[attachment=9]Appleton City, FarmHouse 007.JPG[/attachment]Dog Gone, Marty, I had better clean my camera lens. It is making your bike look dirty :lol: It is hard to keep them clean when you ride and work...[attachment=8]Appleton City, FarmHouse 009.JPG[/attachment] This bike is ready to go anywhere and it does. A real "MEAN MACHINE".[attachment=7]Appleton City, FarmHouse 010.JPG[/attachment] I hope you guys got a big a "kick" out of this as I did. I advertised this as Romeos go to a "SPEAKEASY", (park on the south side, no one parks there, come in the west door, because the front door will be locked) THIS IS THE DOOR WE HAD TO COME THROUGH :o I think these people were really afraid of what type of motorcycle group we were. It was obvious no one had trouble finding this unmarked door except, maybe, ME!![attachment=6]Appleton City, FarmHouse 011.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]Appleton City, FarmHouse 013.JPG[/attachment] Dan D. (from Lone Jack) found this place for us. Thanks Dan, it was everything you said it was. The manager looked me up and sends everyone a special thanks for coming today. He said that room holds 80 and it was full. And that was before two late groups came in. [attachment=3]Appleton City, FarmHouse 015.JPG[/attachment]Denny and George. Denny is from Appleton City and made everyone feel welcome. He and Gayle now live in Camden Point, MO, up around St Joseph. [attachment=2]Appleton City, FarmHouse 017.JPG[/attachment]Gayle said this is the "sister in laws" table. [attachment=1]Appleton City, FarmHouse 005.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]Appleton City, FarmHouse 004.JPG[/attachment]
Well, that's about it. I hope you had a good ride and enjoyed the fun at the FarmHouse. Thanks for coming. I always breathe easier when I round that corner and see all those bikes. I still have that "haunting" memory of the day I showed up and I was the only one. Thanks again.
++++++++++++++++
Admin notes:
Hope you can make Wellsville, Smokey's BBQ. Most of you said you were going.
HATS: We are experiencing a very long delay in getting the hats that are ordered, but I am assured that are coming!!
Shirts: I have a pretty good stock, but I have orders for 7 I don't have. I will raising that to 10 and getting them ordered real soon. If you are thinking about a shirt send me an email twowheels2eat@gmail.com
Next Tuesday: I am planning on leaving a day early (Tuesday) for the ROMEO BIG BEND ride. http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... =21&t=1804 It is not too late for you to come. Gary will be posting the ride next Tuesday.
I am going to post a lunch at Fubblers in Orrick as soon as I contact them for this Friday,10/19.
What a wonderful problem to have....I woke up Wednesday morning thinking about how amazing it was to have 80+ Romeos at lunch today. That could be a record :o Then I thought how many places in "small towns" can handle that many people :?: Please have patience when (not if) we go to some place and disaster hits. I am really not worried you are the niciest bunch of guys I have ever met. It will be fun and everyone will have a good time.
Attachments
Appleton City, FarmHouse 008.JPG
Appleton City, FarmHouse 007.JPG
Appleton City, FarmHouse 009.JPG
Appleton City, FarmHouse 010.JPG
Appleton City, FarmHouse 011.JPG
Appleton City, FarmHouse 006.JPG
Appleton City, FarmHouse 013.JPG
Appleton City, FarmHouse 015.JPG
Appleton City, FarmHouse 017.JPG
Appleton City, FarmHouse 005.JPG
Appleton City, FarmHouse 004.JPG