Tuesday 10/2 Sisters and Friends, Hume, MO

Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

rcrgl1800

Tuesday 10/2 Sisters and Friends, Hume, MO

Post by rcrgl1800 »

This is the place.
This is the place.
Hume Sisters and Friends.JPG (45.56 KiB) Viewed 1639 times
With the beautiful weather forcast of 80 degrees and clear skys lets take a longer Romeo ride to the south this Tuesday. For our Romeo ride on Tuesday, October 2, 2012 we are going to go back to Sisters and Friends in Hume, MO. It has been almost 15 months since the KC Romeos have visited Sisters and Friends. I talked with Amy this morning and she and her mother Kathy are sure glad to have us come back. They definitely are a Romeo friendly restaurant. And as always all the Romeos are the talk of the town when we are there.

As usual the time is 11:00 but you are always welcome earlier for breakfast. They have a complete breakfast, lunch and dinner menu so come and enjoy.

The SEK Romeos have been there a couple of times in the last year and they always enjoy going back.

Hope to see you there.

Proud to be a Romeo
Randy

Here is the link to all the Romeo Rides this week:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week.
Attachments
Hume Sisters and Friends Cafe.JPG
Hume Sisters and Friends Cafe.JPG (22.6 KiB) Viewed 1639 times
rcrgl1800

Re: Tuesday 10/2 Sisters and Friends, Hume, MO

Post by rcrgl1800 »

We had a real good turnout at Sisters and Friends in Hume today. I counted 50+ Romeos that decided to get out in the cool morning air and take a long ride to Hume. Several were early as usual, had enjoyed their breakfast and were ready to hit the road again at 10:30 when I got there. There were many more there and arriving. Kathy and Amy were ready and provided everyone with breakfast or lunch as they desired. Sisters and Friends is a rather unique setting with the dining room being a old grain bin that has been completely finished in a rustic style. If you haven't been there you should make a trip down US 69 to the Prescott exit and go east to Hume or down US 71 to Rich Hill and go west to Hume. They will always treat you good.

Judy and Bob were taking pictures today and they do such a good job that I will let them post their pictures today instead of me taking any space with mine.

Thank you to everyone for riding down today and hope you all enjoyed an early fall ride home. I believe this always is the best time of the year to ride.

Proud to be a Romeo
Randy
shovelmike

Post by shovelmike »

A great day for a ride. The warm riding jacket was very welcome in the cool of the morning, but was shed in the afternoon. Image The large grain bin behind Sisters and friends has been cleverly converted to a very nice dining area. Image
I love the charming old houses on the quiet back streets, Americana at its best.
A pretty cool old diner converted into a liquor store Image Image A really nice turnout. This was a prosperous town square in the not so distant past, wonderful old brick buildings.
North of Hume on V I just had to stop and admire this old church Image Image Image Some very old grave stones dating back to late 19th century. Image
Bob K.

Post by Bob K. »

10-02-12 Romeos 033.JPG
I like the line Kathy Hester in charge
I like the line Kathy Hester in charge
10-02-12 Romeos 014.JPG
Kenny had a chicken leg to round out breakfast, it was all good.
Kenny had a chicken leg to round out breakfast, it was all good.
What an attractive couple! Richard and Peggy.
What an attractive couple! Richard and Peggy.
Randy picked a good place for today.
Randy picked a good place for today.
I'll just add a few pictures, but first I think Randy is doing a great job to keep us rolling, thank you!
S & F Cafe

Post by S & F Cafe »

Hello ROMEOS,
Just want to say thank you for coming down Tues. We always enjoy your group. What a great turn out. It's a fun time for us. I alway enjoy the review & pictures posted on your site. If you get a chance, come down around Christmas & see the "Bin" decked out for the season. Missed our friend Roger. We had another group from Ft. Scott Thursday night.
God bless & keep you all safe until the next time,

Kathy, Amy, & the Crew