TUES 9/4 BUCKSAW MARINA, TRUMAN LAKE

Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

shoresr

TUES 9/4 BUCKSAW MARINA, TRUMAN LAKE

Post by shoresr »

The water doesn't look so brown in this picture
The water doesn't look so brown in this picture
pool1.jpg (10.69 KiB) Viewed 2705 times

Bucksaw Resort and Marina (BREAKFAST OR LUNCH YOUR CHOICE!!)
literally on Truman Lake
670 Southeast 803 Road
Clinton, MO
Call Barbie 660-477-3900 if you get lost
http://www.bucksaw.com/index.htm

[attachment=2]restaurant4.jpg[/attachment]
Breakfast all day. Breakfast Special 2 eggs, hash browns and toast for $3.99!!! You can see the full menu on the website.

[attachment=0]bucsaw_aerial.jpg[/attachment]
This could be a little difficult to find. The turnoff is west of Tightwad a few miles and east of Clinton. There are lots on signs on Highway 7. Finding this place is half the fun. Note in this aerial shot you will be coming from the north. DO NOT TURN INTO THE RESORT, you will pass the resort and cabins and go clear down around the point to the east side. There is only one road, don't give up, just keep going. The restaurant is on the dock on the water!! I guess business has been off a little, because of the hot and dry. They have heard of the Romeos and were very happy we were coming to their place.

Here is the link to all the Romeo Rides this week:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

Always something different and always fun.
Ride Safe and I hope to see you Tuesday.

Attachments
These guys don't have Romeo shirts on!!
These guys don't have Romeo shirts on!!
restaurant4.jpg (18.15 KiB) Viewed 2705 times
Lake is a little muddy??  She did say they still had water
Lake is a little muddy?? She did say they still had water
shoresr

Re: TUES 9/4 BUCKSAW MARINA, TRUMAN LAKE

Post by shoresr »

[attachment=24]Clinton Bucksaw 025.JPG[/attachment]I think everyone enjoyed the change of pace today. Everyone visited and soaked up a few rays. We really did eat on this floating barge on the water.[attachment=23]Clinton Bucksaw 010.JPG[/attachment] We joked that this was the "out house" :o [attachment=22]Clinton Bucksaw 001.JPG[/attachment][attachment=17]Clinton Bucksaw 007.JPG[/attachment]It was an overcast morning and when I arrived at 10:00 the only person there was Leland. We talked for about 15 minutes and had just decided that we may be the "whole" crew then here came Randy at the front of about 12 riders. ;)[attachment=21]Clinton Bucksaw 003.JPG[/attachment][attachment=20]Clinton Bucksaw 006.JPG[/attachment]We had nice covered parking in case it rained. :? [attachment=19]Clinton Bucksaw 004.JPG[/attachment][attachment=18]Clinton Bucksaw 005.JPG[/attachment]Everyone enjoyed a nice ride.[attachment=16]Clinton Bucksaw 008.JPG[/attachment]It was great to see Cory and Dan. They always have a good time and who wouldn't on wheels like those :!: [attachment=15]Clinton Bucksaw 009.JPG[/attachment]Barbie had put out the "welcome mat" and fed us well.[attachment=14]Clinton Bucksaw 018.JPG[/attachment]When we walked in the door, to our surprise Marilyn and George were already there.[attachment=13]Clinton Bucksaw 017.JPG[/attachment][attachment=12]Clinton Bucksaw 011.JPG[/attachment][attachment=11]Clinton Bucksaw 012.JPG[/attachment]Cory and Dan[attachment=10]Clinton Bucksaw 013.JPG[/attachment]By my unofficial survey I think Denny traveled the farthest, from Camden Point, MO. He's definitely putting some miles on that new GS. [attachment=9]Clinton Bucksaw 016.JPG[/attachment]Good to see Larry and Ted is a regular wherever we go. [attachment=8]Clinton Bucksaw 014.JPG[/attachment]Haven't seen Kenny for a couple of weeks. He has been busy harvesting. He comes today and the neighbors call him and his cows are out and one had a calf. :o[attachment=7]Clinton Bucksaw 015.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]Clinton Bucksaw 019.JPG[/attachment]Payin' up and Headin' out [attachment=5]Clinton Bucksaw 020.JPG[/attachment]It was a good day to visit...[attachment=4]Clinton Bucksaw 021.JPG[/attachment]or just stand around and watch the fish. ;)[attachment=3]Clinton Bucksaw 023.JPG[/attachment]Some were taking in the scenery of whatever was around :o [attachment=2]Clinton Bucksaw 022.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]Clinton Bucksaw 027.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]Clinton Bucksaw 030.JPG[/attachment]It was a nice place, the food and service was excellent, the day beautiful, the fellowship perfect!! I did have my nervous moments today, that Leland and I would be eating by ourselves. Barbie had called to see if we were cancelling. She was indeed worried. Thank you for braving the forecast and showing up today. It was appreciated by many people.

Someone asked Kenny if a Harley really did vibrate. Kenny demonstrated!!
Attachments
Clinton Bucksaw 025.JPG
Clinton Bucksaw 010.JPG
Clinton Bucksaw 001.JPG
Clinton Bucksaw 003.JPG
Clinton Bucksaw 006.JPG
Clinton Bucksaw 004.JPG
Clinton Bucksaw 005.JPG
Clinton Bucksaw 007.JPG
Clinton Bucksaw 008.JPG
Clinton Bucksaw 009.JPG
Clinton Bucksaw 018.JPG