TUES 8/28 GOWER, MO HARVEST MOON CAFE

Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

shoresr

TUES 8/28 GOWER, MO HARVEST MOON CAFE

Post by shoresr »

Gower Harvest Moon 511 014.JPG
From past ride reports we really like this place. Breakfast all day and she opens at SIX. Of course lunch is always good. So do whatever suits your fancy, Come early stay late, Come late and stay late. People are always asking me what time. THE TIME IS YOUR TIME, enjoy and ride safe. (Sometimes it can get a little lonely about 11:30 :roll: )

Harvest Moon Cafe (breakfast or lunch)
318 Railroad Ave
Gower, MO
Jackie

Here is the link to all the Romeo Rides this week:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

It has been a long time since we have visited Harvest Moon, but Jackie remembered the Romeos and was very pleased that we were coming back. This is the place that had a robbery the day before we arrived and they took most of her cash. Our patronage went a long way to keep her in business.

http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... ower#p3015
On Wednesday Eastern Kansas is going to LeRoy, KS 9:00 am breakfast.

********************************************************************************
[attachment=3]CCF08232012_00000.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]CCF08232012_00001.jpg[/attachment]
I hope you are planning on attending the Fall Rendezvous 9/19/12 at the Hub in Marble Falls. Only about a 4.5 hour ride from Kansas City. It is great riding, there will be Romeos from all the groups, and Junior W. always makes everyone feel welcome. Rooms are only $50. Make your reservation now. 800-597-9963.

I missed the Oatmeal Gang at Adrian. I called Spike to see how he was feeling and was prepared for bad news. Spike answered the phone at 9:00 at night as he and the Oatmeal Gang was pulling into a motel. They had been the RED LODGE (Montana I think) and had traveled over 2900 miles. :o I was so happy for them. I think Leland said there were 16 or 17 at the Rally from our area!! You go guys!!!

Don gave me the screen for the shirt he has supplied for many years. We will be able to continue that shirt. It is very popular and I think it is our oldest design. Don is proud to claim the R.O.M.E.O. on the front as his.
shirt & hat pics 009.JPG
shirt & hat pics 010.JPG
I hope to have some at the Hub.
Attachments
CCF08232012_00000.jpg
Double Click on the image to enlarge
Double Click on the image to enlarge
shoresr

Ride Report: TUES 8/28 GOWER, MO HARVEST MOON CAFE

Post by shoresr »

:lol:
Gower, MO Harvest Moon 001.JPG
Nice turnout today. Good food and good service. Everyone was pretty laid back. There was lots of room so no one had to hurry up to let some one sit down. Terry Geissler and John English both had been to Alaska and returned this weekend and neither one knew the other had been there :o Those of us who don't get to travel much enjoyed hearing the stories of the new frontier. Both of them rode over 10,000 miles. :P Glad to have you guys back safe and sound.

It was very nice riding up north but the ponds are really low. It could take a couple of years for them to be full again.[attachment=11]Gower, MO Harvest Moon 002.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]Gower, MO Harvest Moon 003.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]Gower, MO Harvest Moon 004.JPG[/attachment]Tom says there is a new restaurant in Edgerton. Has anyone tried it :?: (Hello Larry)[attachment=8]Gower, MO Harvest Moon 005.JPG[/attachment]Nice lamp shade, Ladies :lol: It is nice that so many ladies join us. Ladies you are always welcome and you certainly improve the looks of the group. [attachment=7]Gower, MO Harvest Moon 006.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]Gower, MO Harvest Moon 007.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]Gower, MO Harvest Moon 008.JPG[/attachment]
We had several new riders today. I really enjoyed having lunch with these guys. The are from Gardner and the one on the left is riding his new Can-Am Spyder. Come again guys. Dan was there with his son-in-law and I didn't get a picture. Maybe someone else, sorry.[attachment=4]Gower, MO Harvest Moon 010.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]Gower, MO Harvest Moon 009.JPG[/attachment] Totally getting into the spirit of things was the "Polish Prince" sporting his vintage DOG PATCH sombrero :lol: The HUB is located at was formerly DogpatCh USA, in Marble Falls, AR[attachment=3]CCF08232012_00001.jpg[/attachment]I hope you can come, it will be a lot of fun and we will miss you if you're not there.[attachment=2]CCF08282012_00000.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]CCF08282012_00001.jpg[/attachment] We made the Obituaries in the Adrian Paper.

Last year you guys turned into me and I logged (under General Discussion) over 1,200,000 miles :!: . This continues to amaze me that a bunch of "ragtag" retired old guys can ride that many miles. Yes, we hurt, we ache, we have diabetes, we have high cholesterol, and we snore. You name it someone ones got it and we don't like getting old. Well this week I was sent a link to a utube video of some of our guys. This video reminds me of Jack Lemon and Walter Mattau in the movie "Grumpy ol' Men". The video stars our very own Oatmeal Gang!! Make sure you notice Spike's Kawasaki Voyager scattered all along the side of the road as he tried to find out why his throttle stuck. Also take note of George doing off road on his new Spyder!! Oh yes, I got an email from George the day before they left saying Ron wouldn't be going because he crashed his bike. Yes, the day before they left he went to Walmart to pickup some reading glasses so he could read his GPS. On the way home from Walmart he was reading his GPS and rendered his BMW unrideable and got terrible "road rash". A day later Ron caught up with the group on a different motorcycle.

Your guys are the greatest...keep riding!!!

I hope you can see this video and make sure you turn up your volume. The video and most of the pictures were taken by Mike's son, Craig!! Thanks for sharing Craig. If you hadn't of shared I don't think the Grumpy ol' Men would have.

LeRoy---Wed
Mapleton---Fri

Ride Safe and Ride often
Roger

Attachments
Gower, MO Harvest Moon 002.JPG
Gower, MO Harvest Moon 003.JPG
Gower, MO Harvest Moon 004.JPG
Gower, MO Harvest Moon 005.JPG
Danny you gotta make that guy smile!!
Danny you gotta make that guy smile!!
Gower, MO Harvest Moon 007.JPG
Gower, MO Harvest Moon 008.JPG
Gower, MO Harvest Moon 010.JPG
Double Click on the imagine to make bigger.
Double Click on the imagine to make bigger.
The News Express, Butler and Bates County, MO
The News Express, Butler and Bates County, MO
The Adrian Journal
The Adrian Journal
I had to add this picture so you knew the "pink" thing was not part of his hat. OR NOT, maybe the pink thing IS part of the Hat  ha ha!
I had to add this picture so you knew the "pink" thing was not part of his hat. OR NOT, maybe the pink thing IS part of the Hat ha ha!
Parkville Rider

Re: TUES 8/28 GOWER, MO HARVEST MOON CAFE

Post by Parkville Rider »

I certainly can't top Roger's summary, especially the end with the U-Tube video on the Oatmeal Gang's trip. That was FANTASTIC! My compliments to Craig (Mike's son) for putting it together. It made us feel like we were there enjoying the fun. What a great group of friends. As Randy always says "makes me proud to be a Romeo". 8-) Our compliments to the young lady who waited on everyone today by herself. They took good care of all of us and certainly treated the Romeo group royally.

Looks like Roger got several inside shots today, so I'll only add a few pictures of the bikes.

Mary & I had a great ride home and look forward to making the trip to Arkansas and the Romeo Fall Rendezvous Sept. 18-20.

Attachments
IMG_0271.JPG
IMG_0272.JPG
What a cute couple!
What a cute couple!
IMG_0274.JPG
IMG_0275.JPG
IMG_0276.JPG
IMG_0277.JPG
IMG_0278.JPG
IMG_0279.JPG
IMG_0280.JPG