TUE 8/14 TODD'S DINER, GARDNER KS

Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

Parkville Rider

TUE 8/14 TODD'S DINER, GARDNER KS

Post by Parkville Rider »

What a difference a day or two makes! :) Today was a wonderful day for a ride. Mary & I were out enjoying sub 90 degree temperatures for a change and while driving through Gardner stopped for lunch. We came away impressed with the food and service and after talking to the owner, thought it would be a good selection for our next Romeo outing. The weather guessers are saying we might still be in the high 80's, but who knows? In any case, we hope you will try our suggestion and join us at 11:00 or before:

Todd's Diner
418 E Main
Gardner KS 66030
913-856-5555

[attachment=0]IMG_0251.JPG[/attachment]

Now for the good news, Todd serves breakfast almost all day (until 3:00 P.M.), so you can sample their menu for breakfast OR lunch. They usually have a lunch special which Todd promised to be as good as we had today. Oh, by the way, they also have great pie and you can get 2 pieces for $5 and either take one home or buy one for a friend. :lol:

Kansas Romeos are welcome to join us, but get there early as this place IS POPULAR with the locals!

Get directions from our google map All the rides for this week
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

Gary & Mary
a.k.a. your Parkville Rider(s)
Attachments
Here's the place!
Here's the place!
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
Parkville Rider

Re: TUE 8/14 TODD'S DINER, GARDNER KS

Post by Parkville Rider »

Even though it was dry at home, as we got closer to Gardner, we encountered some liquid sunshine. Not to complain, but this wasn't even in the forecast yesterday, but it showed up this morning in time to wet a few riders willing to ride. Some even enjoyed it so much, they didn't even bother putting on their rain gear!

[attachment=10]IMG_0261.JPG[/attachment]

As we arrived, several early birds were ready to try and beat the rain home. Hope they made it. ;)

I think we still had good attendance regardless of the dampness outside and we received a couple compliments about the breakfast and lunch specials, so Todd's may be a good place to make a return visit rain or shine. Good food and service!

Here are a few shots of those who got caught in the camera's lens, some subjects appear to have been caught by surprise, as the saying goes, like a deer in the headlights. :lol:

Anyway, thanks for coming and we hope everyone made it home safe and sound in-spite of the rain.

Gary & Mary
a.k.a. your Parkville dry chicken(s)
on four wheels instead of two.
Like we said earlier, when we got home, roads were dry and not a drop of rain had fallen! :o
Attachments
WELCOME! Two new ROMEO riders.
WELCOME! Two new ROMEO riders.
IMG_0252.JPG
Think Junior was getting full?
Think Junior was getting full?
Go away with that camera!
Go away with that camera!
Mary, directing traffic.
Mary, directing traffic.
IMG_0256.JPG
Trish: "if I sit here long enough, it'll stop raining."
Trish: "if I sit here long enough, it'll stop raining."
CLICK - you're it!
CLICK - you're it!
Long distance rider, from Gardner Lake.
Long distance rider, from Gardner Lake.
Another couple who didn't want to get wet.
Another couple who didn't want to get wet.
One of the lunch specials!  I'd show you the breakfast special, but I ate it all !
One of the lunch specials! I'd show you the breakfast special, but I ate it all !
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
shovelmike

Re: TUE 8/14 TODD'S DINER, GARDNER KS

Post by shovelmike »

It was a great ride, great service and food. I had a large bowl of ham and beans with corn bread and fried potatoes. The coffee was good, and the girls were always coming by refilling the cup, very welcome on this rainy day. I forgot to check out their pies, I guess I'll do that next time! :)
Same story at my place near Harrisonville, it barely dampened the ground. The wife said, "It quit raining, time to send you back out on the bike so it will start again." :lol: