shoresr

7/31 TUES DeSoto, KS Wanda's

Post by shoresr »

[attachment=1]l.jpg[/attachment]Wanda's Roadside Cafe
33080 West 83rd St
DeSoto, KS

Get directions from our google map All the rides for this week
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

http://www.yelp.com/biz/wandas-roadside-cafe-de-soto (Don't get spoiled, this is the first time the Kansas City Romeos have gone to a 4.5 star restaurant)

Breakfast (served all day opens at SIX (Danny) or lunch starting at 11:00 am. Tuesday's Special is going to be MEAT LOAF!!! I have such a nice visit with Wanda. She said "I know your boys want some real down home cookin'" I said that's my guys!!
[attachment=0]l (1).jpg[/attachment]
Wanda's is downtown DeSoto not out on the highway. It is a smaller place. She said she could seat forty four. The way we spread out for breakfast and lunch that should be no problem. I think we have found a "jewel" in Wanda's and you are really going to enjoy this one :P

Melissa and the Dr are trying to keep me from riding, but I will be there one way or other!! I am feeling fine and doing great. Thanks for all your concern and good wishes.

On Wednesday Bucky, Eastern Kansas Romeo is going to McClouth, KS. We have been to this place before, but there are new owner/management. If you can't make one, make the other or make both. ;)

Ride safe, Ride often and be glad you can 8-)
Attachments
l.jpg
Okay, if this is breakfast what does the Meatloaf look like!!
Okay, if this is breakfast what does the Meatloaf look like!!
shoresr

Ride Report 7/31 TUES DeSoto, KS Wanda's

Post by shoresr »

[attachment=7]DeSoto Wanda's 001.JPG[/attachment]If you had half as much fun today as I did, you had a great time. :P Bill B. even asked me if I was running for POLITICAL OFFICE :lol: Oh, gush no it was just good to be feeling better and to see so many good friends. .... I saw so many people taking pictures (AL H.) that I didn't take many. I hope all you people that took pictures will post them. The pictures meant so much to me when I had to miss rides and I know there are more people out there like me. If you have trouble email or call me, I will help (email me and I will send you my phone number) [attachment=6]DeSoto Wanda's 002.JPG[/attachment]I hope you got to see Mary Lou and her care giver Bill. Mary Lou has been house bound for over six weeks and this was her first time out. Great to see you both. Bless ALL the caregivers!!! and SPIKE :D he is riding and doing so well he hardly deserves a mention 8-) [attachment=5]DeSoto Wanda's 003.JPG[/attachment]As I was leaving (4th time) I went into the kitchen to find Wanda. We had an overwhelming crowd today and I am sure she had at least 3 seatings. I sheepishly ask Wanda if she loved me or hated me. I got the BIGGEST HUG you have ever seen :o Yes, Wanda was happy and thanked all of you for coming.[attachment=4]DeSoto Wanda's 004.JPG[/attachment]Where does Bill come up with these things. I guess he led the Oatmeal Gang out to Wanda/s or at least part way. When I walked up he was apologizing to the group because his GPS took them on gravel. :lol: Okay, leave it to Bill. Bill was riding "drag" when the Oatmeal Gang arrived in DeSoto.[attachment=3]DeSoto Wanda's 005.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]DeSoto Wanda's 006.JPG[/attachment]
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++[attachment=1]DeSoto Wanda's 008.JPG[/attachment]Some of the guys got to noising around DeSoto and came upon this old Ford Dealership. The stories of what lies behind these door I won't even try to relate. Bob K. promised he would share a picture or two. The man's name is Dean Weller he has to be the EIGHTH WONDER OF THE WORLD. Anyway, I have my marching orders I will contact Mr Weller and see if he would let all of us see the marvelous things he has done. Stay Tuned!! ( Here is a link to info about Dean Weller http://kansastravel.org/grandpasoldfordgarage.htm )

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[attachment=0]1pd4Xq.Em.81.jpeg[/attachment] http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/29/37 ... o-for.html

A WAY TO GO, goes out the Mary and Gary D. and others in the motorcycle community who helped on the Ride for Kids. Over $40,000 was raised and and Mary and Gary were the TOP FUND RAISERS for the 4th year in a row. The glow on their faces showed how good it makes them feel donate their time and money to a good cause. Thanks for sharing with the group and good job!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It was great to see Bucky today. He is helping out as Eastern Kansas Ride Coordinator. Tomorrow, Wed, he has setup a gathering at Al's Place in McClouth, KS and he says stay tuned for nest week's ride. It promises to be special!! Thanks, Bucky for pitching in and helping while Klem takes a well deserved break.

Attachments
DeSoto Wanda's 001.JPG
DeSoto Wanda's 002.JPG
DeSoto Wanda's 003.JPG
DeSoto Wanda's 004.JPG
Yep, it looks the same from every angle!!  AWESOME!!
Yep, it looks the same from every angle!! AWESOME!!
DeSoto Wanda's 006.JPG
DeSoto Wanda's 008.JPG
This is the picture that was in the Kansas City Star
This is the picture that was in the Kansas City Star
1pd4Xq.Em.81.jpeg (23.18 KiB) Viewed 1620 times
Parkville Rider

Re: 7/31 TUES DeSoto, KS Wanda's

Post by Parkville Rider »

Roger, we think Missy deserves two medals, one for today's lunch location, and a second for your care and upkeep since your recent medical treatment. :P We were sure happy to see Bill and Mary Lou out and about after her recent ankle surgery. We were glad to bring our friends Mal and Ginny to their first Romeo event. Hope they enjoyed it enough to return again sometime. I think Junior brought a new friend too, so our group continues to grow in popularity.

What a place :!: Wanda will need to put her feet up tonight for a well deserved rest after feeding the Romeos today. The food was great and the staff did their best to keep everyone happy. We vote to keep this on our "favorites" list whenever we want some good home cooking. We can't imagine what the lunch special must have been like after trying to work our way around the Kitchen Sink Omelet. Mary and I shared one and still feel like we over ate.

We did get a ride in and were ready for the AC by the time we got home. :shock: We rode through McLouth and the place the Eastern Kansas Group is going tomorrow looks like it really needs the business. We might try to sneak out again tomorrow before it gets HOT again. Hope some of you are putting some of this heat in a bottle for winter time. :lol:

Thanks for mentioning our weekend PBTF KC Ride for Kids event. I hope more Romeos will participate in next year's event as it's by far the best motorcycle charity we've ever seen. You can check out more about it on the General Discussion thread: http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... f=9&t=1993

Here's a link for the pictures we took today.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1024778857 ... 2475941314

Gary & Mary
a.k.a. your Parkville Rider(s)
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
Bob K.

Post by Bob K. »

This is Dean Weller with my wife Wanda, he's restored so many old cars and trucks, and is one of the nicest men you will ever meet.
This is Dean Weller with my wife Wanda, he's restored so many old cars and trucks, and is one of the nicest men you will ever meet.
07-31-12 Romeo Moon Marble 085.JPG
Dean Weller hand formed the iron work on this Model A Ford, he said ALL the girls want it in their weddings.
Dean Weller hand formed the iron work on this Model A Ford, he said ALL the girls want it in their weddings.
A small fraction of the restored cars, he won't even take donations.
A small fraction of the restored cars, he won't even take donations.
In the basement where the parts hang and restorable vehicles wait.
In the basement where the parts hang and restorable vehicles wait.
Hand formed, wow!
Hand formed, wow!
Some of Dean Weller's (age 86) helpers.  There are lots more pictures, but Roger has a plan, and I promised to only share enough to make you want to see more.
Some of Dean Weller's (age 86) helpers. There are lots more pictures, but Roger has a plan, and I promised to only share enough to make you want to see more.
Dean Weller Garage http://kansastravel.org/grandpasoldfordgarage.htm
rcrgl1800

Post by rcrgl1800 »

Wanda's Roadside Cafe is a jewel and I agree with Gary and Mary, it should be on our favorites list very close to the top. The cook fixed what may be the best ham and cheese omlett any where. We thought we would be early getting there at 8:15. As we topped the hill there were close to 25 bikes already lined up with Wandas being full of hungry Romeos. Frank and Norm had even been earlier than anyone and were sitting in front of the building selling the "Everything But the Kitchen Sink" omlett and they were right as you can see by the picture with Kenny attacking his. I don't know what the final count was today as we left shortly after breakfast and were back in Butler by 11:30. What a great morning for a ride.

Proud to be a Romeo
Randy

[attachment=4]100_1739.JPG[/attachment]Kenny attacking the Everything But the Kitchen Sink Omlett. The Omlet won.

[attachment=3]100_1740.JPG[/attachment]The photagrapher never gets in the picture. Almost!!

[attachment=2]100_1741.JPG[/attachment]Gary was taking pictures also.

[attachment=1]100_1742.JPG[/attachment]The bikes we saw when we arrived
[attachment=0]100_1743.JPG[/attachment]

Attachments
100_1739.JPG
100_1740.JPG
100_1741.JPG
100_1742.JPG
100_1743.JPG