6/19 Tuesday Lucille's Louisburg, KS

Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

shoresr

6/19 Tuesday Lucille's Louisburg, KS

Post by shoresr »

003.JPG
Ok, are you ready to have some fun :?: How about a "step back in time" to the FIFTIES :!:
I am sure you will see Elvis and James Dean :o
We are going to have a ball so I hope you can come.[attachment=12]002.JPG[/attachment]
LUCILLE'S DINER
160 Harvest Drive
Louisburg, KS
913-837-5330

Get directions from our google map All the rides for this week
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

You are going to wonder how I found this one. Well, just keep wondering and, I hope YOU can find it. (Honest this is not easy to find)
[attachment=11]Lucille menu 1.jpg[/attachment]
Alright the "HOOK". On the menu above, that you probably can't read (double click on it to make it bigger) there is a Tuesday Special. It is TENDERLOIN, a Romeo favorite for $7.99. But on TUESDAY it is BUY ONE AND GET ONE FREE :shock: FREE, now that is something that is sure to bring a Romeo crowd. And it includes Salad, Potato, Vegetable, Toast, and a Drink. Frankly, this scared me a little. I don't see how they can be making any money at that price and I asked Debbie and Lucille's if they really wanted me to offer this to the Romeos, and she said "OF COURSE, BRING 'EM ON". When I was there I noticed a beautiful pie. So I asked about PIE. "Oh YES" she said. I have seen fresh peaches being advertised so I asked if they had any fresh peach pie, and she said the tree in her front yard was loaded!! So Lucille is going to bake fresh peach pies!! Better take delivery first thing. ;) (Good while supply lasts!!)

So bring your buddy or pair up and order the BUY ONE GET ONE FREE tenderloin and a piece of fresh Peach pie. Now that is real FIFTIES prices![attachment=10]004.JPG[/attachment]

(Lucille's does not open till 11:00 but because I told her to expect a big crowd she is opening at 10:30 am. No breakfast, lunch only)[attachment=9]005.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]007.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]006.JPG[/attachment]
GOOD TIME CLASSICS
207 Main St
West Line, MO
816-899-2491

OK, I am not through yet. I promised you a FIFTIES day. When you are through eating head about 5 miles east on Highway 68 which turns to Highway 2 when it hits the Missouri State Line to the town of West Line, MO to Good Time Classics Automobiles. Romaine Dennis sells and buys classic cars. I have been to a lot of classic car showrooms, but I have never been to one that had the prices of the cars posted. The first item on the price list is a 1941 Cadillac, all original, first year for automatic for ????? If you want to find our you have to come to West Line on Tuesday or figure out how to make the price list big enough to see it (double left click) [attachment=6]Good Time Classics.jpg[/attachment] Could you find and how much would you have to pay for a 1963 Chevy Impala SS. You now know where one is and how much it is. :mrgreen: [attachment=5]014.JPG[/attachment]Continuing our journey down "Memory Lane" on the way to Good Time Classic you will pass Romaine's "small town" USA.[attachment=4]009.JPG[/attachment] http://foxandsqueal.com/?p=171 [attachment=3]011.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]010.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]012.JPG[/attachment]Romaine will open all the buildings for us. I think you will enjoy walking through the stores and seeing what he has collected.

This will be a unique experience. I hope you enjoy sharing Romaine's passion for the past as much as I did. Please join us on Tuesday for a special day.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[attachment=0]Lucille menu 2.jpg[/attachment]Lucille is in her mid 70's. She owned a dinner at the corner of 68 and Metcalf until it burned down. Lucille, up in years, decided it was time to retire. After a few years she could stand not being in the kitchen, so she and Debbie, a retired RN, opened Lucille's Diner. Lucille does ALL the cooking!!
************************************************************************************************************************************************************
West Line, MO Cass County

Population in 2010: 97. Population change since 2000: +2.1%
Males: 50 (51.5%)
Females: 47 (48.5%)

Median resident age: 43.3 years
Missouri median age: 42.8 years
Zip code: 64734

Estimated median household income in 2009: $47,136 (it was $46,250 in 2000)
West Line: $47,136
Missouri: $45,229
Estimated per capita income in 2009: $20,790

Estimated median house or condo value in 2009: $72,652 (it was $45,000 in 2000)
West Line: $72,652
Missouri: $139,700

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/city/West-Line ... z1xy9mci00

Attachments
002.JPG
Lucille menu 1.jpg
A real gas pump inside Lucille's Dinner
A real gas pump inside Lucille's Dinner
There is quite a bit of gravel but Romaine said we could park on the concrete or on Main Street!!
There is quite a bit of gravel but Romaine said we could park on the concrete or on Main Street!!
http://classiccars.com/dealers-518/good-time-classics.html
http://classiccars.com/dealers-518/good-time-classics.html
I think that is James Dean in there??
I think that is James Dean in there??
Good Time Classics.jpg
http://foxandsqueal.com/?p=171
http://foxandsqueal.com/?p=171
009.JPG
011.JPG
Definitely park on the street and walk on down.
Definitely park on the street and walk on down.
012.JPG
Lucille's has more than Tenderloins
Lucille's has more than Tenderloins
shoresr

Re: 6/19 Tuesday Lucille's Louisburg, KS

Post by shoresr »

Don't forget the ALL ROMEO PICNIC in Americus on WEDNESDAY!!!
shoresr

Lunch Report 6/19/12 Lucille's Louisburg, KS

Post by shoresr »

Louisburg Lucille's 019.JPG
And someone said "OMG the whole herd showed up :!: " and they were right. [attachment=52]Louisburg Lucille's 005.JPG[/attachment]Slina and Leland are back home and had a safe and good trip.[attachment=51]Louisburg Lucille's 006.JPG[/attachment][attachment=50]Louisburg Lucille's 007.JPG[/attachment][attachment=49]Louisburg Lucille's 008.JPG[/attachment][attachment=48]Louisburg Lucille's 009.JPG[/attachment][attachment=47]Louisburg Lucille's 010.JPG[/attachment]Nice ride Walt C. [attachment=46]Louisburg Lucille's 004.JPG[/attachment][attachment=45]Louisburg Lucille's 003.JPG[/attachment][attachment=44]Louisburg Lucille's 001.JPG[/attachment][attachment=43]Louisburg Lucille's 002.JPG[/attachment][attachment=42]photo (3).JPG[/attachment]Today it was all about the FOOD. This might have been the best food we have ever had. Coming from a Romeo that is a pretty powerful statement. Most of the people who ordered the Buy One get One Free Tenderloin, with 2 sides and 2 drinks cut the one in half and took it home!![attachment=41]Louisburg Lucille's 025.JPG[/attachment]I didn't see anything that wasn't first class. [attachment=40]Louisburg Lucille's 022.JPG[/attachment]No it's not all about the food. It is about people, too. Capt Jack W. was in fine form. He is still talking about our trip to the Moon Marble Company. Jack sends his regards to Bob Hagan in California.[attachment=39]Louisburg Lucille's 018.JPG[/attachment]Hagan may be gone, but certainly not forgotten. Another one of Bob's cigar "smoken' buddies" And they don't think their wives know :lol: [attachment=38]Louisburg Lucille's 011.JPG[/attachment]Lucille asked me to thank everyone. She said she was sorry she couldn't come out and thank everyone personally, but as you can see she had her hands full. Lucille, we THANK YOU. :!: [attachment=37]Louisburg Lucille's 013.JPG[/attachment][attachment=36]Louisburg Lucille's 012.JPG[/attachment]There was no messing around back in the HOT kitchen and they kept turning it out.[attachment=35]Louisburg Lucille's 014.JPG[/attachment][attachment=34]Louisburg Lucille's 017.JPG[/attachment][attachment=33]Louisburg Lucille's 016.JPG[/attachment][attachment=32]Louisburg Lucille's 021.JPG[/attachment]This is Ellie with her grandpa. Welcome Ellie, I hope you had a good time. We know grandpa was glad you came along.[attachment=31]Louisburg Lucille's 023.JPG[/attachment]Bill brought a new Romeo, Steve K. Steve recently purchased a 2012 Gold Wing. He loves his new bike and has over 8,000 miles on it in less than 3 months. :o He also made my Iron Butt ride. And so did Bill!![attachment=30]Louisburg Lucille's 024.JPG[/attachment]Now that school is out Jakaila has become a regular. She fits in Romeos between swim team practices. Yes, she did eat all of that. ;) [attachment=29]Louisburg Lucille's 026.JPG[/attachment]Where's Roxie :?: [attachment=28]Louisburg Lucille's 027.JPG[/attachment]Chief gets all the hats for us. He and "Mrs. Chief", brought a hat for Larry #1 all the way from Topeka. Thanks Chief that was very nice of you. Thanks for getting the hats for us. We appreciate all you do for the Romeos.[attachment=27]Louisburg Lucille's 028.JPG[/attachment]Mike was in good form. He was trying to get credit for bringing TWO new guys, but we can all see there was only one. :P [attachment=26]Louisburg Lucille's 029.JPG[/attachment]Bonn brought a new Romero who owns a beautiful Classic "Woody" auto who needs a "special radiator" guy to help him with a major radiator problems. :roll: [attachment=25]Louisburg Lucille's 015.JPG[/attachment]If Debbie looks a little "haggered", well it is probably because she is. I think we turned this restaurant twice and they kept up the whole time. Thanks to the ones, that probably cut their visiting a little short and got up and let others sit down. ;) [attachment=24]Louisburg Lucille's 030.JPG[/attachment]Hey, outside wasn't too bad. We left before it got too hot.[attachment=23]Louisburg Lucille's 039.JPG[/attachment]Our next stop was for a stroll down "Memory Lane".[attachment=22]Louisburg Lucille's 042.JPG[/attachment]Melissa's first stop was the Beauty Parlor. She had a little trouble getting hooked up and she wouldn't let me turn it on. :lol: [attachment=21]Louisburg Lucille's 040.JPG[/attachment]After she got her hair done, she wanted a shoe shine.[attachment=14]Louisburg Lucille's 041.JPG[/attachment]I tried to get a haircut, but they said I didn't have enough hair. :cry: [attachment=20]Louisburg Lucille's 031.JPG[/attachment]I headed to the "five and dime"[attachment=19]Louisburg Lucille's 032.JPG[/attachment]Where I found the Marbles that I had lost. :oops: [attachment=18]Louisburg Lucille's 033.JPG[/attachment]I thought a new washing machine might be a good idea.[attachment=17]Louisburg Lucille's 034.JPG[/attachment]but, she was thinking more along the lines of a SODA.[attachment=16]Louisburg Lucille's 036.JPG[/attachment]Of course, we couldn't have a soda without a little music on the juke box. [attachment=15]Louisburg Lucille's 035.JPG[/attachment]Then she wanted to call home. That was OK, because it only cost a dime.[attachment=13]Louisburg Lucille's 037.JPG[/attachment]Before heading on, we thought we had better get some gas...[attachment=12]Louisburg Lucille's 038.JPG[/attachment]in our pretty blue and orange pickup. :geek: [attachment=11]Louisburg Lucille's 046.JPG[/attachment]Next stop, Good Time Classics.[attachment=10]Louisburg Lucille's 050.JPG[/attachment]Romane Dennis gave the "Keys to the City" to the Romeos. Mr Dennis owns Good Time Classics and is building Memory Lane. Unlike a lot of Classic car showrooms Mr. Dennis buys and sells his cars. Everything has a price on it.[attachment=9]Louisburg Lucille's 049.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]Louisburg Lucille's 047.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]Louisburg Lucille's 048.JPG[/attachment]As you can see Jakaila was quite interested in the cars. I overheard her ask Randy, "Grandpa will you bring me back here on my SIXTEENTH Birthday :?:"[attachment=6]Louisburg Lucille's 051.JPG[/attachment]I promised Elvis.[attachment=5]Louisburg Lucille's 052.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]photo (2).JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]Louisburg Lucille's 043.JPG[/attachment]Set to go the extra mile.[attachment=2]Louisburg Lucille's 044.JPG[/attachment]I don't know which one's prettier. :oops: [attachment=1]Louisburg Lucille's 053.JPG[/attachment]You don't see this very often. Bonn bought this bike NEW in 1978!! It is a Yamaha XS 750 Special!! It was the first bike Yamaha produced for the US market. Bonn has put all of the 38,000 miles on this bike.[attachment=0]Louisburg Lucille's 054.JPG[/attachment]GOODBYE EVERYONE, THANKS FOR COMING, I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU NEXT TIME!!

Attachments
Louisburg Lucille's 005.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 006.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 007.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 008.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 009.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 010.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 004.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 003.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 001.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 002.JPG
photo (3).JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 025.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 022.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 018.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 011.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 013.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 012.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 014.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 017.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 016.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 021.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 023.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 024.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 026.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 027.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 028.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 029.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 015.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 030.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 039.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 042.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 040.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 031.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 032.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 033.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 034.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 036.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 035.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 041.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 037.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 038.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 046.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 050.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 049.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 047.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 048.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 051.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 052.JPG
photo (2).JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 043.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 044.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 053.JPG
Louisburg Lucille's 054.JPG
Parkville Rider

Post by Parkville Rider »

Sure looks like a great turn-out! :D

Sorry we missed this one. :roll:

We are in Matamoras PA enjoying a MTA Gathering. 8-)

Gary & Mary a.k.a. Parkville Rider(s)
Attachments
IMG_0040.JPG
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
rcrgl1800

Post by rcrgl1800 »

THANK YOU ROGER AND MELISSA! Even though the ride east and west was a bit windy, todays ride was another wonderful day with our Romeo friends having a good meal and a good step back in time at Westline, MO. It is always great seeing new people and I hope they have as much fun with the Romeos as we do. Every time Jakaila comes with me I know she will have a great time and I am so thankful the way all the Romeos welcome her. Today Ellie come along with grandpa. I hope she comes back again and enjoys the Romeos as much as Jakaila does. Dads and Grandpas keep bringing those kids and grandkids.

Proud to be a Romeo
Jakaila, Lloyd and Randy

Jakaila just getting started on her tenderloin
[attachment=1]IMG_0198.JPG[/attachment]

Jakaila says "there is always room for ice cream"
[attachment=0]IMG_0199.JPG[/attachment]

Attachments
IMG_0198.JPG
IMG_0199.JPG
5504doug@gmail.com

Post by 5504doug@gmail.com »

As always, when we cannot be there...the notes & photos make feel as though we were. See you all sometime....the heat makes me wilt. Looked fun! Doug/Mid-Mizzouri Chapter
alyle123

Post by alyle123 »

And me still without anything but 4 wheels! Marilyn and I will be going to the same place...just later than everyone else. Thanks for the tour guide and letting us know what to expect. The trike should be back on the road before the end of June. Sure hope so! I'm hoping to work with Grandpa Jack to set up some more really SE Kansas ride to places like Oswego, Columbus (can't get much more SE than that). Erie, Scammon, Parsons, Iola, and others. Hope all can work them in.

Thanks Roger for finding Lucille's. Maybe some we schedule will be as much fun. Just how far will Randy, Roger, John (Ottawa), Marty and so many others of you ride? Wonder who has ridden the most distance to eat a ROMEO meal. Anyone know?

Lyle
JerryM100

Post by JerryM100 »

Great report and pics, Roger! I just got back from a 9 day trip to Colorado where I saw Leland and Slina. You take a lot of pictures and it is great to see everyone I used to ride with. Sure do miss you guys!

Jerry M
south Texas contingent

Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage