6/12 Tues Plattsburg Miguel & Lefty's

Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

shoresr

6/12 Tues Plattsburg Miguel & Lefty's

Post by shoresr »

[attachment=2]Plattsburg Miguel & Lefty's 003.JPG[/attachment]Miguel & Lefty's Famous BBQ
502 N 7th
Plattsburg, MO
816-539-2271
[attachment=1]Plattsburg Miguel & Lefty's 012.JPG[/attachment]These small restaurants in small town do have their problems. Because it was threatening rain only a small group showed up at Miguel & Lefty's last March. Stephanie, manager, was so pleased with our visit that she purchased 4 Romeo Shirts. :o Although the food was outstanding, I felt some obligation to return. I called this morning to tell Stephanie to get those shirts washed and pressed because THE ROMEO'S ARE COMING TO PLATTSBURG ;) Stephanie no longer works there :( But the cook is the same. The ribs were so good I took some home. I really like homemade potato chips and had never had Smoked Cabbage :P The BBQ is good, but they also serve breakfast. Breakfast orders need to be placed by 10:30. Even though the new manager says he can handle us and wants us, we WILL be too big for this place. I did see they had an outside patio area. Hey, this is what we the Romeos are all about. Helping small restaurants in small towns. Let's help Miguel and have some fun and good BBQ!! :P

Here is a link to our last lunch at Miguels http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... =20&t=1879

This place is NOT on Main St, so you might want to check the map.
Get directions from our google map All the rides for this week
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

I met Klem in Madison and picked up a bunch of shirts.

[attachment=0]Plattsburg Miguel & Lefty's 016.JPG[/attachment]My favorite picture from our last visit to Miguel & Lefty's

Attachments
Plattsburg Miguel & Lefty's 003.JPG
Looks aren't everything---the food is gooooood!!
Looks aren't everything---the food is gooooood!!
It was Marilyn's Birthday and she spent part of it with us!!
It was Marilyn's Birthday and she spent part of it with us!!
rtinlvks

Re: 6/12 Tues Plattsburg Miguel & Lefty's

Post by rtinlvks »

Hi,

For us crazy guys who don't have a GPS, (yes I can't attach one to my scooter), we would like the maps updated for next week (June 11 to 15).

It really helps to see the rides posted on the maps so I know if it is TOO far for me to ride or if I have to ride on major highways.

Anyway I just like seeing all the rides on the map.

Thanks,

getting older and slower in Leavenworth
There is nothing new in the World except the history you do not know.
Harry S. Truman
shoresr

Post by shoresr »

Thank you for your comment. It takes a "little" time getting all the rides on the google map every week, and we always wonder whether anyone uses them or not. We have no way of knowing if anyone looks at the maps.

Sorry, we had to be late getting the rides posted to get your comment, but it is appreciated. We will keep putting the rides on the map.

TomK

Post by TomK »

Why not look at a map, or use mapquest or google earth to map the route??? It will show mileage from your location and estimated time to get there. Seems simple enough.
Klem

Post by Klem »

I prefer "The Bucky System Of Navigation" Lick your finger and stick it in the air, look at your compass and Sundial. If you get where you were heading it is an accomplishment, if you don't it's an adventure. Either way you have a good ride and some fun.
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
swanee

Post by swanee »

TomK wrote:Why not look at a map, or use mapquest or google earth to map the route??? It will show mileage from your location and estimated time to get there. Seems simple enough.

I do all of the above but still think the tinyurl's are very convenient. Not essential, but convenient.

Not being from these parts I need all the help I can get. Klem described the Bucky method but there is also the Harry method that I have used. Hone in on yellow saddlebags somewhere on the horizon (they are visible to satellites so even Romeos with cataracts should be able to spot them) then just follow to the target eatery.
rtinlvks

Post by rtinlvks »

Thanks,

I like looking at the points as I have a max distance I will ride, and it gives a better picture of the distances.

Again thanks
There is nothing new in the World except the history you do not know.
Harry S. Truman
shoresr

Lunch Report 6/12 Tues Plattsburg Miguel & Lefty's

Post by shoresr »

[attachment=0]Plattsburg Miguel & Lefty's 612.JPG[/attachment]All and All a very good day. I was worried about Miguel and Lefty's when I learned that Stephanie was gone, but everyone seemed pleased. Several people told me "there is only one waiter, but the service is excellent." You know I think we all ought to take a turn at being a waiter or waitress. :o There has to be an art to it. Sometimes we will have 3 or 4 running as fast as they can and the service is pitiful and today like at the Walbash in Excelsior, ONE waiter and everything runs like "clockwork". You have to give these restaurants high marks when they do a good job.

I didn't find anyone who liked my "smoked" cabbage. :cry: Keith even said "it was kinda like kissing your sister." :lol: I had the combo. I think it had a little of everything they had in the kitchen, even turkey and sausage. I thought it was outstanding and I will return for more of their smoked sausage.

Anyway, I hope you had a good time and enjoyed your meal.

There is lots more to do this week and I hope you can make another lunch or two.
Tomorrow, Wednesday the "Oatmeal" gang has invited me and anyone else that wants to join them for the ride to Bern, KS. It is a long ride, so it will be nice for us all to be together. They are meeting at the QuikTrip, 389 North 130th St., Bonner Springs for an 8:30 am launch. It is a 2+ hr ride to Bern. This is the cafe that found the Romeos and begged us to come to their town!!

Also, on Wednesday the Wichita Romeos are having an Old Fashion Fish Fry at the home of General Bob. Junior W. is furnishing the fish and Bob is doing the frying!!

I just saw where the Columbia guys are meeting in Fayette, MO at a real classy place 4 STARS for SUPPER at around 7 on Thursday 6/14!! The place closes at 8, so they won't be out late and it stays light a long time now.

On Friday the Southeast Kansas Romeos are saying goodbye to one of their favorite places, Murphy's, in Stark, KS
http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... =29&t=1907

Whow, there is lots of places to go. I hope you can get out and enjoy some of these good riding days and don't forget the ALL ROMEO Picnic on June 20, next Wednesday in Americus, KS. I have tried to put all the information on this Google Map.

Ride Safe and often,
Roger

Attachments
Plattsburg Miguel & Lefty's 612.JPG
shoresr

Post by shoresr »

Marlene G. sent me some new pictures at Plattsburg.
Thanks Marlene[attachment=7]ROMEO_6-11 001.jpg[/attachment][attachment=6]ROMEO_6-11 002.jpg[/attachment][attachment=5]ROMEO_6-11 003.jpg[/attachment][attachment=4]ROMEO_6-11 004.jpg[/attachment][attachment=3]ROMEO_6-11 006.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]ROMEO_6-11 005.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]ROMEO_6-11 007.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]ROMEO_6-11 008.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
ROMEO_6-11 001.jpg
ROMEO_6-11 002.jpg
GEORGE GOT A NEW SPYDER!!!
GEORGE GOT A NEW SPYDER!!!
ROMEO_6-11 004.jpg
ROMEO_6-11 006.jpg
ROMEO_6-11 005.jpg
ROMEO_6-11 007.jpg
ROMEO_6-11 008.jpg