shoresr

TUES 1/10/12 WESTON, THE WESTON CAFE

Post by shoresr »

WESTON CAFE
407 Main St
Weston, MO
816-640-2224 Michelle

Google Map: http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

Tues January 10, 2012. Breakfast or Lunch --- they stop serving breakfast at 11:00 so if you want breakfast get your orders in before 11

I was having trouble making up my mind for a place this week. The place I was planning on going to their phone had been disconnected :cry: Anyway, when I started looking around, I a came across a very bad review for the Weston Cafe. We have been there several times and we have never had a bad experience. I can't imagine why someone would pan a small Mom and Pop establishment and not give an explanation of what they didn't like. Well, that made up my mind immediately, we need to go help these people out ;) They probably don't even know about the review or care but Michelle remembered the Romeos and was sure glad we were coming. The Romeos win on this one!! Here is the listing from our 7/26 visit to Weston. http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... ston#p3292

As of this writing we are going to have another beautiful day, so pick out a good route and enjoy the day.
shoresr

Re: TUES 1/10/12 WESTON, THE WESTON CAFE

Post by shoresr »

A lot of you met my daughter Pam at the Verona Cafe Romeo Lunch or have seen her in the pictures of me turning the 100,000 miles. Melissa and I were very fortunate to have her spend three weeks with us in between her move from London to Hong Kong. There have been many unusual and fascinating things that have happened during this transition, but one I found really interesting is below and I wanted to share it with you. Pam is a lawyer and she received this email from her secretary about having business cards made. No wonder the Chinese language is so difficult.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Sent: Friday, January 06, 2012 06:09 PM
To: Shores, Pam
Subject: Chinese name for the business cards

Hi Pam

Would you like to have a Chinese name printed on your business card? If yes, please see the options below which are suggested by our translator. Please let me know which suggestion is fine with you.

蕭潘美 (in traditional Chinese script)

萧潘美 (in simplified Chinese script) “蕭”, a Chinese surname, transcription of “Shores”.

“潘美”, transcription of “Pamela”. 潘 means water of washing rice, also the ancient name of several rivers and mountains in China; 美 means beauty, perfection, praises.

Pronunciation in Cantonese: Siu Pun Mei

Pronunciation in Mandarin: Xiao Pan Mei
蕭雪梅 (in traditional Chinese script)

萧雪梅 (in simplified Chinese script)

“蕭”, a Chinese surname, transcription of “Shores”.

“雪梅”, transcription of “Pamela”, meaning the plum blossom in the snow, a very traditional and beautiful name for female (雪: snow; 梅: plum trees, plum blossom).

Pronunciation in Cantonese: Siu Syut Mui

Pronunciation in Mandarin: Xiao Xue Mei

Regards

Joanna Tang

Administration Assistant

Linklaters, Hong Kong

Tel: (852) 2901 5302

Fax: (852) 2810 8133

joanna.tang@linklaters.com

http://www.linklaters.com

Any business communication, sent by or on behalf of Linklaters LLP or one of its affiliated firms or other entities (together "Linklaters"), is confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected. If you receive it in error please inform us and then delete it from your system. You should not copy it or disclose its contents to anyone. Messages sent to and from Linklaters may be monitored to ensure compliance with internal policies and to protect our business. Emails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free. Anyone who communicates with us by email is taken to accept these risks.

Linklaters LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC326345. It is a law firm authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (http://www.sra.org.uk). The term partner in relation to Linklaters LLP is used to refer to a member of Linklaters LLP or an employee or consultant of Linklaters LLP or any of its affiliated firms or entities with equivalent standing and qualifications. Please refer to http://www.linklaters.com/regulation for important information on our regulatory position.

A list of Linklaters LLP members together with a list of those non-members who are designated as partners and their professional qualifications, may be inspected at our registered office, One Silk Street, London EC2Y 8HQ and such persons are either solicitors, registered foreign lawyers or European lawyers.
shoresr

Re: Ride Report 1/10/12 THE WESTON CAFE

Post by shoresr »

[attachment=17]Weston Weston Cafe 019.JPG[/attachment]One Classy Weston Lady!! :o

If you haven't guessed already, the Romeos had a great time in WESTON. A very neat town, with nice shops and a very friendly attitude. Misty bought some very Classy jeans.

[attachment=16]Weston Weston Cafe 001.JPG[/attachment]Don put the word out to the Eastern Kansas Romeos that the best riding day of the week was today and boy did we have a turnout. Lloyd is looking to see who else is coming and wondering where they're going to sit.[attachment=15]Weston Weston Cafe 002.JPG[/attachment][attachment=14]Weston Weston Cafe 005.JPG[/attachment][attachment=13]Weston Weston Cafe 006.JPG[/attachment]It was good to have Vicki and Dan back. We are sorry for your loss.[attachment=12]Weston Weston Cafe 004.JPG[/attachment]Ron got his deer. That is one less we need to worry about hitting. :!: [attachment=11]Weston Weston Cafe 007.JPG[/attachment] Bob, I know you took some pictures as well as some other people. I hope all of you will add your pictures.[attachment=10]Weston Weston Cafe 008.JPG[/attachment]Good looking food!![attachment=9]Weston Weston Cafe 009.JPG[/attachment]The crew from Lawrence, MAN ON RIGHT DOESN'T WANT ANY ONE TO KNOW HE IS BROTHER OF MAN ON LEFT!! :lol: [attachment=8]Weston Weston Cafe 016.JPG[/attachment] With a little help from her friends Alissia (SP) waited on the whole crew and did a great job. She tried to get out of the picture, but I got her. :twisted:[attachment=7]Weston Weston Cafe 010.JPG[/attachment]Melissa and I enjoyed sitting with George, Marilyn and Mike. They shared stories of their long and cherished friendship. [attachment=6]Weston Weston Cafe 014.JPG[/attachment]It was good to see "Jeri" again. She found a table that wasn't rocking but the next one she found was in the sun. It all seemed alright with "Jeri" George thanks for bringing "Jerry"... she's a keeper.[attachment=5]Weston Weston Cafe 012.JPG[/attachment]NA NU NA NU[attachment=4]Weston Weston Cafe 013.JPG[/attachment] No one was sure whether this guy was part of our group or not. No one claimed him. :roll: [attachment=3]Weston Weston Cafe 017.JPG[/attachment]Dena and Steve cooked up a storm. I am not sure they held fast to their rule of no breakfast after 11. I saw Steve bringing out a Hot Roast Beef Sandwich in one hand and pancakes in the other. Not many places even attempt that. Spike told me about the Wheat Berry Bread. If you didn't try it, go back and do so[attachment=2]Weston Weston Cafe 022.JPG[/attachment]I was told to take a picture of the two bikes that seemed to be park differently than all the rest :?: [attachment=1]Weston Weston Cafe 021.JPG[/attachment]I met Trish walking into the Weston Cafe for her morning coffee. She owns the Acorn Antique store across the street from the Weston Cafe. The next thing I know she is serving OUR food and filling OUR coffee cups. Now that is one Classy Lady and a very good friend. Nice meeting you Trish and thanks.[attachment=0]Weston Weston Cafe 018.JPG[/attachment]Ok we have had Grand Kids and last week in Benton there was a dog. Not to be out done Melissa brought our Grand Dog HARRY!!! :roll:

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Bob from Meridan, KS, somewhere up around Topeka, came down today. He said last week at Burlingame he was visiting with a guy, that he thought was from Gardner and rode a Harley about his 1985 Honda Aspencade (SP). Bob got to thinking about this on the long way home and was wondering if the guy might me interested in selling it. Long story short, I don't know who he is talking about, but if you know someone that has an Aspencade that he might sell, let's get these two together!! twowheels2eat@gmail.com
Attachments
Weston Weston Cafe 019.JPG
Weston Weston Cafe 001.JPG
Weston Weston Cafe 002.JPG
Weston Weston Cafe 005.JPG
Weston Weston Cafe 006.JPG
Weston Weston Cafe 004.JPG
Weston Weston Cafe 007.JPG
Weston Weston Cafe 008.JPG
Weston Weston Cafe 009.JPG
Weston Weston Cafe 016.JPG
Weston Weston Cafe 010.JPG
Weston Weston Cafe 014.JPG
Weston Weston Cafe 012.JPG
Weston Weston Cafe 013.JPG
Weston Weston Cafe 017.JPG
Weston Weston Cafe 022.JPG
Weston Weston Cafe 021.JPG
Weston Weston Cafe 018.JPG
shoresr

More Pictures Weston Area, Thank Bob K.

Post by shoresr »

Bob K. sent in some pictures he took on his trip to the Weston Cafe. Thanks Bob.[attachment=17]01-10-12 006.JPG[/attachment] [attachment=16]01-10-12 007.JPG[/attachment][attachment=15]01-10-12 009.JPG[/attachment][attachment=14]01-10-12 010.JPG[/attachment][attachment=13]01-10-12 011.JPG[/attachment][attachment=12]01-10-12 012.JPG[/attachment][attachment=11]01-10-12 013.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]01-10-12 014.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]01-10-12 015.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]01-10-12 016.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]01-10-12 017.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]01-10-12 020.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]01-10-12 024.JPG[/attachment]There is a lot to see and do around Weston. These pictures were taken in the Weston Bend State Park. This is a lookout over the Missouri River.[attachment=4]01-10-12 025.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]01-10-12 026.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]01-10-12 027.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]01-10-12 030.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]01-10-12 032.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments
01-10-12 006.JPG
01-10-12 007.JPG
01-10-12 009.JPG
01-10-12 010.JPG
01-10-12 011.JPG
01-10-12 012.JPG
01-10-12 013.JPG
01-10-12 014.JPG
01-10-12 015.JPG
01-10-12 016.JPG
01-10-12 017.JPG