TUES 3/1 LESIA'S, CLINTON, MO

Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

shoresr

TUES 3/1 LESIA'S, CLINTON, MO

Post by shoresr »

I OFFICIALLY DECLARE WINTER OVER!! At least for next Tuesday and it is time to do a little riding!!
Last Tuesday while visiting with Brenda and Dave of Clinton I got so excited about places to go in the Clinton area I almost called two rides this week. They gave me four places that really sound good and it was hard to pick.

Brenda and Bill said:
Lesias; I rate 100 to 1 over SQ 109 - As you mentioned she was a waitress at
the old Boss Cafe and the food is quite similar although I feel cleaner by quite
a lot and there are several additions to their menu - Restaurant, kitchen and all
areas are a lot cleaner and brighter than the Boss ever was - It is straight across
bus. 13 from Ford tractor and one block south of the 13 / 7 North stoplight near
the hospital -
Here is the link to all the Romeo Rides this week:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

LESIA’S CAFÉ
1406 N. 2ND
CLINTON, MO
660-885-0215

So join me in declaring winter is over. Highways or back roads the Truman Lake area has good riding and is not too far. Clinton is a little larger than most of our towns so check the address or google map. Here is the link to all the Romeo Rides this week:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week You might not be able to just ride into town and find Lesia’s. Also, as noted above the Boss has closed and Lesia’s has not been open long. I think she moved into an old KFC place? Karen told me that they stop serving breakfast at 11:00 so if you want breakfast you should order before 11:00.
[/color][/size]
shoresr

Re: TUES 3/1 LESIA'S, CLINTON, MO

Post by shoresr »

What a fun and wonderful day. It was sunny and 61 degrees when I got home. It doesn’t get much better than that. I had successful declared winter over for today and it worked and everyone came out. The Romeo’s do have a big contingent in the Clinton area and they all turned out and really made the whole group feel welcome. I heard nothing be raves about the food, the service was excellent and the prices some of the best we have experienced. I really appreciate the help and support. They have also given me 3 more places that they say are also very good. I am already getting hungry!!! ;)

Mel is looking real good. This was his first scooter trip since his cancer surgery. He is very happy to be without his feeding tube and is trying to get his “new” stomach to let him put on some weight. Everyone admires Mel and it was great to see him back in the saddle again.

I think there are four guys (Ed, Bob, Lee, Leland) and 2 ladies riding to Bike Week. You should trade phone numbers in case you want to hook up down there. It is always nice to see a familiar face in a far away place, especially if you need a little help.

Everyone was quite impressed with the article in “The Best Times” http://www.thebesttimes.org/ I think Lynn Anderson did a very good job of telling our story. She sent me several extra copies that I will carry for a while, so if you would like a copy, just ask me. It is really surprising how many people get their paper. I have had several calls from people I haven’t talked to in many years. My name is NOT Elmer (as in the glue that keeps us together) and I didn’t realize I talked so much. In the future I will try to be a little more sedate. :shock:

I had a guy come up to me while I was taking some pictures for the “Gallery” http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... f=20&t=989 and I sensed that he was a little disappointed that his picture wasn’t there. I certainly don’t want anyone to feel left out and I want everyone with every one of their motorcycles in the gallery. I usually have my camera and I am always willing to take a picture. Plus I don’t have to take the picture. If you have a picture you like with you and your motorcycle, send it to me and I will put it in. I have also had a couple guys ask for copies of their picture. I will be very happy to send you a copy via email or have a print made for you.

I am going to take the flag off the “2010 Mileage Report”, http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... =20&t=1022 which means it was start moving down the Discussion Forum as new topics are put on. If I understand correctly it was remain as part of the website. The challenge will be to find it, if you ever want to.
CLINTON, MO
CLINTON, MO
USE TO BE A KFC, MUCH BETTER NOW
USE TO BE A KFC, MUCH BETTER NOW
SUZUKI BOULEVARD
SUZUKI BOULEVARD
ROMEOs Clinton 012.jpg
ROMEOs Clinton 011.jpg
ROMEOs Clinton 014.jpg
ROMEOs Clinton 017.jpg
ROMEOs Clinton 013.jpg
ROMEOs Clinton 015.jpg
ROMEOs Clinton 016.jpg
ROMEOs Clinton 018.jpg
ROMEOs Clinton 019.jpg
ROMEOs Clinton 020.jpg
ROMEOs Clinton 021.jpg
ROMEOs Clinton 022.jpg
ROMEOs Clinton 023.jpg
ROMEOs Clinton 024.jpg
ROMEOs Clinton 025.jpg
ROMEOs Clinton 026.jpg
ROMEOs Clinton 027.jpg
ROMEOs Clinton 029.jpg
ROMEOs Clinton 030.jpg
ROMEOs Clinton 031.jpg
ROMEOs Clinton 032.jpg
Attachments
It was great seeing Mel looking so good!!
It was great seeing Mel looking so good!!
THANKS TO MEL FOR TAKING ALL THE PICTURES!!!
THANKS TO MEL FOR TAKING ALL THE PICTURES!!!