South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, January 24, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, January 24, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

It looks like more winter next Wednesday; the weather may be a bit better than last week, but it's probably wise to stay close to home. Right now the weather forecast is calling for a high of forty-nine, but it will be ten degrees cooler than that at lunch time.

We've been to Nancy's several times before; the food is tasty and Nancy and her staff take good care of us. They have excellent sandwiches and salads, and there's always a lunch special or two. Breakfast is served until 10:30, in case you arrive early and prefer some bacon and eggs.

Maize is close enough to drive if you don't want to ride in the cold. The hardy souls can bundle up and ride if it's dry. You need to eat, anyway, and I can guarantee that the food and company will be better than the weather...

I'm not sure if I'll make this one; I'm scheduled for knee replacement surgery on Monday, and I don't know how soon they'll let me loose and how mobile I'll be initially. Brian will have the sign-in book, regardless.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, January 24

PLACE:

Nancy's A-Maize-N Sandwiches
5125 N. Maize Rd.
Maize, KS 67101
722-9904

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, January 24, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

GREAT food, as always when we go to Nancy's in Maize. Most had breakfast, but I noticed several with lunch sandwiches too.
Today we had 20 ROMRO's attend, 10 of us rolled in on bikes.
Do check back late this week, a destination for next week will be posted.

Today's photos. Take my word about the 10 bikes, I forgot to make photos.
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T
roginoz

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, January 24, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

Good to see a nice turnout. Sorry I couldn't make it; I wasn't released from the hospital until mid-afternoon on Wednesday, and I'm feeling a lot less capable of doing routine stuff. I've asked Charley to schedule rides for a while, at least until I can get back to feeling a little better. I'll try to make it to some of the rides via car - I've had offers of transportation and I may be able to get my wife to come occasionally (it sucks to have to be so dependent on others...) Thanks for the card; Brian and Cary brought it by the hospital after the ride.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350