South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, October 4, 11:00 AM

Harley-Charlie

Post by Harley-Charlie »

It’s been over a year since we last visited Creations Café, so it’s time for a return visit. The few times we have visited, it’s been a good time and great food. Creations is a large café with plenty seating. Creations is in Mt. Vernon, near Lake Cheney. Travel west on 21st street or roll US 400 west to 150th street exit, then north a few miles. Creations Cafe is on the east across from the big church.
They have a full lunch menu; the meal is fresh prepared at order. And breakfast is available until 10:40 for those who want to arrive early for bacon and eggs and such.
Weather is showing to be 80 degrees and clear. Roll the bike out of the garage and ride to Creations Café to enjoy ROMEO camaraderie and a good meal. Hope to see you there. Bonus: Lake Cheney area is great for riding. After you load up on food, ride around the lake and enjoy the afternoon.
Hope to see you there - Charlie

EDIT - Unfortunate that the forecast has changed to probable rain for Wednesday, and it's needed rain.
Please try to attend. The Creations owner was pleased that we were including her, lets give her some ROMEO support.

PLACE:
Creations Restaurant
4996 NE 150 Ave
Mt. Vernon, KS 67025
(316) 542-9888

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T
roginoz

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, October 4, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

A little bit cool, and a little bit wet, but ten us of made it to Mt. Vernon today. Cars and trucks outnumbered bikes about seven to one, with the sole motorcycle traveling thirty-eight miles to Creations.

The food was good, and the company was even better. Charlie will likely have some photos to post later, and I'll get next week's ride scheduled in three or four days.

Special thanks to Charlie for scheduling rides while I was gone, and to Brian and Charlie for carrying the sign-in book.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, October 4, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Photos, not many as the group was small (I counted 11, Roger may have forgotten to count himself?).
Attachments
1998.jpg
2000.jpg
1995.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T