South Central BREAKFAST Ride: Wednesday, August 30, 9:00 AM

roginoz

South Central BREAKFAST Ride: Wednesday, August 30, 9:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

This will be our last breakfast meeting this year. We'll return to lunch rides starting in September.

Some of the guys (myself included) wanted to go back to Lila's before we finish our breakfast rides for this year. A morning ride through the Flint Hills, followed by a good breakfast at a ROMEO favorite sounds hard to beat. The forecast looks good right now, so a long ride home through Latham and Cambridge may be in order, as well.

The place is small, and we always fill the dining room. In order to serve a group our size in a reasonable time, Lila makes a breakfast special when we visit. Whatever she has this time will be good, as always.

Piedmont is just south off of US400, about 55 miles east of Wichita. The road to Piedmont is ten or fifteen miles east of the Beaumont turnoff, and then there's a short ride south into town.

TIME:

9:00 AM, August 30

PLACE:

Lila's Cafe
100 Main St.
Piedmont, KS 67122
(620) 864-2250

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
roginoz

Re: South Central BREAKFAST Ride: Wednesday, August 30, 9:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

It was a nice day to ride through the Flint Hills, and a good morning for biscuits and gravy with scrambled eggs at Lila's. We had thirty-four people, on thirty-three bikes, in Piedmont this morning. (I think that number thirty-five was pulling into town as we left; Bob must have taken the long way.)

Charlie will have some photos posted soon, and I'll have next week's ride announcement up in the next couple of days. We'll be returning to lunch rides next week.

By the way: I spoke with Debby, at the Hub, this morning. They still have some rooms available for our fall rendezvous. (The phone number is 1-870-743-4062.) I think that most of us are arriving on Monday, Sept. 11 and leaving Thursday, Sept. 14. The restaurant will be open for dinner on Monday and Tuesday, with a group dinner on Wednesday. They'll be open for breakfast on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. If you haven't been, you've missed a great get-together and some excellent riding. If you've been, you probably already have plans to attend.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central BREAKFAST Ride: Wednesday, August 30, 9:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Fantastic morning to ride, Lila's is always a lot of fun. She works hard to please us, we appreciate it.
Bike of the week is a 2015 Aprilia, owned by Doctor Mickey Myrick. Check it out, last 3 images!
Attachments
1+.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
B1.jpg
B2.jpg
B3.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T