South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, August 9, 9:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, August 9, 9:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

I can't believe that we haven't been to the Tee Time Cafe this year. (Probably because the Saturday breakfast group visits occasionally, and I ride over for a sandwich now and then.)

Right now, the long range forecast is calling for a high in the low eighties and a chance of light rain. It'll probably still be warm and humid enough to keep the ride in close, so we'll head back to the Clearwater golf course for breakfast. Clearwater is fairly close; not much of a ride out, but you can always take the long way home if it's not too warm. This is our last chance for breakfast at the Tee Time until next year, as we'll be returning to lunch rides in September.

The food is good at Tee Time, and they really appreciate our business. They have all the usual breakfast items, in addition to some great homemade cinnamon rolls. There's a variety of pie for dessert, if you're so inclined.

The Tee Time Cafe is located north of town, in the Clearwater Golf Course clubhouse. It's on 95th South, just west of 135th West. There is a sign on 135th, but it's easier to remember to turn west at the day care center, just north of the grain bins that are located on the east side of 135th.

TIME:

9:00 AM, Wednesday, August 9

PLACE:

Tee Time Cafe
Clearwater Golf Course
14100 W. 95th South
Clearwater, KS 67026
(620) 584-3006

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
roginoz

Re: South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, August 9, 9:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

Nice mild weather for the trip to Clearwater today. (I had to go to long sleeves under my mesh jacket.) We had thirty-one people, on twenty-nine bikes (yep - two guys were actually able to get dates...) at the Tee Time Cafe. The bikes traveled a total of 726 miles, one way, to breakfast. Good food, as usual, and good company (as usual.) No photos this time; Charlie's in Sturgis, and I forgot to take a camera. Just imagine a parking lot full of bikes and a lot of old guys (and two much younger women) eating. We'll be back to our usual level of photographic excellence next week when Charlie returns. I'll get next Wednesday's breakfast ride posted in the next couple of days. We have three breakfast meetings left before we resume lunch rides on September 6.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350