South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday June 7, 11:00 AM

Harley-Charlie

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Several suggested this, and it was last November since we visited, so let’s ride to Burrton for lunch at The Barn on Wednesday. The weather forecast suggests it will be warm and clear, a good day to ride. The Barn is 45 minutes from Wichita area, or you can take a longer ride to arrive by opening time of 11 AM. The Barn does not open early for breakfast, so enjoy tire kicking conversation on the parking lot for the early arrivals. The Barn can easily handle a large group, so throw a leg over your bike and roll it for a wonderful meal. Daily $6.99 lunch special, plus a menu of meals available.

(edit) Road construction on the road from Mt. Hope to Burrton, may or may not be completed by ROMEO ride. Replacement of blacktop, the road is open but may have an area of one lane and lead car. Suggested alternate route: Halstead Road (aka Bentley Road) north off Hwy 96 to Hwy 50, then wast to The Barn.

To Inform: I am occasionally asked what I do with the photos that I make, this was asked again last Wednesday. Some may not know that following each weeks ride will be a follow-up post with a short detail of the ride. Then I post a few of photos that I made. We encourage you to return to the ride posting late Wednesday or thereafter to read the comments and see the photos.

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, June 7, 11:00 AM

PLACE:

The Barn Restaurant
307 Dean St. (Hwy 50)
Burrton KS 67020
620-463-8056

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday June 7, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Fantastic day to ride and hungry riders brought a large group to this weeks ROMEO ride. 42 riders on 42 bikes rode 2086 miles (one way) to The Barn in Burrton. They teased us by opening a few minutes late, but took great care to please all when the doors opened. Several enjoyed the burnt ends sandwich special, others ordered off the menu. In all, wonderful meal.

The Bike of the Week, Cary's 2005 Honda Gold Wing, California Sidecar Trike. As shown, Cary is a 'ride in all the gear, every time-all the time' rider.

Will post next week ride soon. Photos below - See you next Charlie
Attachments
9704z.jpg
9686.jpg
9689z.jpg
9691z.jpg
9693z.jpg
9694z.jpg
9698z.jpg
9700z.jpg
9661.jpg
9667.jpg
9673.jpg
9678.jpg
9681.jpg
9709b.jpg
9723b.jpg
9726b.jpg
Unrelated Bonus Photo of a flying object
Unrelated Bonus Photo of a flying object
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T