South Central Lunch: Wednesday, May 3, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch: Wednesday, May 3, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

The various weather sources don't fully agree on next Wednesday's forecast, and I'm tired of trying to second guess Kansas weather. If it's clear, I'm riding. If it's raining, I still may ride. Regardless, I plan to be at lunch Wednesday.

We haven't been to Beaumont for a while. The folks at the hotel cafe really appreciate seeing motorcycles, and the ROMEOs, and the food's pretty tasty.

There are plenty of choices on the menu: I like the club sandwich with fresh cut fries, or the hot roast beef sandwich with mashed potatoes. They have a good chicken fried steak, too, and the usual assortment of burgers, fish, and salads. There's also a daily lunch special that will get you fed a bit more quickly. The cafe now serves breakfast until 10:30 AM. If you arrive early, you can order breakfast or spend some time kicking tires until lunchtime.

Beaumont is just south of US 400, about forty-five miles east of Wichita near the Butler/Greenwood county line. It looks like the Leon speed trap is up and running again, so be sure to drop down to fifty as you pass by.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, May 3

PLACE:

Beaumont Hotel
11651 South Main
Beaumont, Kansas 67012
(620) 843-2422

MAP:

Gary will have a map up at the following link:

http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
roginoz

Re: South Central Lunch: Wednesday, May 3, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

It was kind of a bleak day, which was reflected in the turnout. Seven of us did show up for lunch in Beaumont; two of us rode motorcycles. (Ron always rides. I finally figured out that the hat must be magical...) The bikes traveled a total of 132 miles, one way, to the Beaumont Hotel. The food was good, and the service was excellent. I couldn't finish all of my meal, but certain others managed to devour the daily special and some cheesecake. As the hotel is now open for breakfast, I imagine that we'll revisit during July or August. Despite the cool temperature and the occasional spitting rain, it was nice to get out in the Flint Hills for a ride today. There wasn't much to photograph, but Charlie will have pictures posted soon. I'll get next week's ride posted by the end of the day Saturday. Thanks to Cary for hauling the book while part of the crew was in Arkansas last week.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch: Wednesday, May 3, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Two bikes and two pickups. And my pickup carried 4; 3 were very concerned that I drive 25+ miles with the gas gauge on the empty.
NEW starting today and onward - Bike of the week. Bike of the week will be the last few photos-
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
73.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T