South Central Lunch Ride: Wed., January 25, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wed., January 25, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

It's going to be a bit colder next Wednesday, but not too bad. Forty-four is one degree above the historical average for January, and better than some days we've dealt with in the past.

Suppesville is always a good cold weather destination, so it's off to the Suppesville Cafe next week. It's only about thirty miles from Wichita; a decent short ride if it's warm enough, and not too far if we get a non-motorcycling day. The Suppesville Cafe has a daily lunch special, sandwiches, and a nice little salad bar. They now serve breakfast all day, so there's no need to arrive early (although in this case it might help spread out the kitchen's workload.) The place is small, but we usually seem to find room for everyone.

Suppesville is located on K-42, just east of the junction with K-2. The intersecting road is 375th West. The cafe is on the north side of K-42. If you’re from around here, you’ve always known the intersection as Suppesville, and have probably ridden past it dozens of times. The Post Office and the Garmin GPS think it's in Milton, but it's actually north of it. The cafe isn't real prominent; it's just east of the gas station, in the same building.

I'll have to miss this one; I'm putting my wife, her big white dog, and my KLR650 in the pickup truck and heading for South Padre Island. (I'll get a couple of rides in with the Texas ROMEOs while I'm there.) Brian will have the book for the next couple of weeks, and I'll ask Charlie to give you a post-ride update along with his photos. I should be back for our February 8 ride.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, January 25

PLACE:

Suppesville Cafe
1692 W. 140th Ave N
(K-42 & Argonia Road)
Milton, KS 67106
(620) 478-2521

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wed., January 25, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

We had a small group of 8 enjoy breakfast/lunch at Suppesville Cafe in Milton today. Three brave riders rolled in on bikes from Wellington, Oxford and Burden totaling 165 miles. Irvin and I enjoyed a burger, Cary had a very large 3 egg loaded omelet while and a few enjoyed the ham steak special.
Next week ride will be posted by end of week.
Photos-
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T