South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, January 11, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, January 11, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

Back to another favorite next Wednesday, the Tee Time Cafe at the Clearwater golf course. The food's good, and they really appreciate our business. The homemade cinnamon rolls are great, and they usually have a variety of pie for dessert. The Wednesday lunch special is some of the best meatloaf you've ever eaten. If you show up early, breakfast (also pretty good) is served until 10:30. (It's a hard choice to make between breakfast and meatloaf...) Lunch starts at 11:00.

Clearwater is about twenty miles from Wichita, a little less from Derby or Mulvane. It's not much of a ride out, but you can always take the long way home if the weather is agreeable. The Tee Time Cafe is located north of town, in the Clearwater Golf Course clubhouse. It's on 95th South, just west of 135th West. There is a sign on 135th, but it's easier to remember to turn west at the day care center, just north of the grain bins that are located on the east side of 135th.

The Weather Channel is currently calling for a high of fifty on Wednesday, after a low of twenty-five the night before. It's tolerable weather for riding if you dress right, but still cool enough to justify taking four wheels if you don't want to bother with cold weather gear.

Also: If you've kept track of the miles you rode in 2016. don't forget to post them in the "2016 Mileage Report" thread (http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... f=9&t=4407) in the "General Discussion" section. If you don't want to post them there, I'll have a sheet at this week's meet where you can enter your name, city, bikes, and total miles for 2016. I'll get them posted after our ride on the 18th.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, January 11

PLACE:

Tee Time Cafe
Clearwater Golf Course
14100 W. 95th South
Clearwater, KS 67026
(620) 584-3006

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
roginoz

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, January 11, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

It was a very good day for January in Kansas. A little wind, but really mild temperatures. (I believe that we're going to pay for it this weekend...)

We had thirty-one people, on twenty-nine bikes, show up at the Tee Time Cafe. The bikes traveled a total of 941 miles (one way) to the Clearwater Golf Course. A lot of the guys ordered breakfast, but I held out for the meatloaf. (I had a cinnamon roll to tide me over until the lunch special arrived...)

Charlie should have some photos up later, and I'll post next week's ride in a couple of days.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, January 11, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Once again my card seems to crash. But wait! I realize it is the card reader, not the card. After editing one photo I was unable to see the other photos I'd made. I instantly placed the card in recovery, so hopefully I will have photos later.
I the wait time, I placed last weeks card in the camera and made a few snapshots. Used a backup reader and wa-lah, photos. I'll post those for amusement until the others are recovered. Sorry for all this, happy I have figured it out. If there is only one romeo photo below, return later for the others.
USELESS, I was unable to recover the photos. Please allow me to one more try, and if I can't get it right you have the right to shoot me at sunset.
Attachments
9427.jpg
9469.jpg
9475.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T