South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, January 4, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, January 4, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

This will be our first official ride of 2017. We'll keep riding all winter, but staying close to home for the next couple of months (unless we get a really good warm spell.)

Last Wednesday's unseasonably warm weather was a real treat, but it looks like we're getting back to winter in Kansas next week. Right now, the Weather Channel is calling for a high of twenty-nine next Wednesday, after a low of fifteen the night before. It's going to be a bit chilly at departure time.

We last visited Cy's, in Sedgwick, a little over a year ago. It's mostly thought of as a steak place, but they have a variety of other choices on the menu. The food is really good, and the staff likes to see us.

Sedgwick is only twenty-five miles from Wichita; you can take 125th west from I-135, or just head north on Ridge Road. It may be OK for riding if you want to bundle up, but it's also close enough to drive if you don't find the weather to your liking.

Cy's doesn't open until 11:00 AM, so if you arrive too early you may wind up cooling your heels (and every other body part) on the sidewalk.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, January 4

PLACE:

Cy's Hoof & Horn
425 N. Commercial
Sedgwick, KS 67135
(316) 772-5329

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
roginoz

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, January 4, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

It was mainly Retired Old Motorists Eating Out today. When Brian says it's too cold to ride, I figure it really is too cold to ride. One stalwart soul (Ron) braved the cold to ride the twenty-two miles from Moundridge; his excuse was that he needed some break-in miles on the new engine...

We had twenty-six people, including a few ladies improving the overall looks of the group, arrive at Cy's Hoof and Horn. The food was good, as was the service. Being a little close-in for our good weather rides, we only get there once a year.

Charlie will have some photos up later, and I'll get next week's ride posted in a couple of days. I think we're going south (but not too far south.)
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Sadly, I have no photos to show. I made a dozen, and they showed on my computer browser software. But after sizing and editing the first photo, the SanDisk Extreme-Plus 64GIG card crashed! The computer refused to save the edited photo, then stopped showing the others. I have never had this happen, but it is what it is. I will keep trying to get the photos back, but after trying in 3 different computers it is doubtful.
Also, I used another card in the camera, exposed a few photos around the house here. All are fine, edit and save perfectly. This confirms the card I used at CY's today did indeed crash and died.
See ya next week. Charlie
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T
etaoin

Post by etaoin »

There are some recovery software programs available, if you haven't already tried that. Here's one

https://www.cardrecovery.com/sd-recover ... covery.asp
roginoz

Post by roginoz »

Sorry you lost the photos, Charlie. For those who weren't there, just imagine a room full of twenty-three old fat guys with their mouths full and three attractive women ( and a solitary Harley Davidson parked out front.)
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350