South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, December 14, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, December 14, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

It looks like next Wednesday will be the coldest day of the week; the Weather Channel is calling for a high of twenty-six, after a low of eighteen the night before. (And it's not even technically winter for another week...)

Brian suggested that we head back to La Hacienda, in Derby. We ate there a little under a year ago. The food's good, the prices are reasonable, and it's not too much of a ride (unless you're coming from Moundridge or Eldorado); a pretty good cold weather destination.

La Hacienda is located just off of K-15 on the north end of Derby, on Nelson Drive. It's in a building that was previously the China Buffet, and was originally a steak place. There's plenty of room, in case we draw a larger than expected crowd.

In the unlikely event that we get tolerable weather, you can ride your motorcycle. If the weather turns out as advertised, jump in the car or truck. You need to eat lunch, regardless, and the food and company will be good even if the weather isn't.

As much as I like Mexican food on a cold day, I'm going to have to miss this one. Wednesday is the Christmas party at the Health Department, and I'd like to see some of my old co-workers. I'll send the book with Brian and join all of you next week (hopefully along with some warmer weather.)

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, December 14

PLACE:

La Hacienda
1138 Nelson Drive
Derby, KS 67037
(316) 927-2900

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, December 14, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Greetings! Nice day for Mexican grub at La Hacienda. 15 ROMEO's traveled to Derby to enjoy the lunch and conversation. Brian braved the 27* temp and rolled his Gold Wing 11 miles. Two thumbs up to Brian
Roger will post our next week ride in a couple days. Just a few photos from today-
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T