New group in the Oregon and Washington border near the Columbia River

Who are you and what do you ride? Show us your bike!
b52bill

New group in the Oregon and Washington border near the Columbia River

Post by b52bill »

This new group of the ROMEOS is located in the Northern border of Oregon and the Southern border of Washington. However all riders interested in participating are welcome. As the name of the organization implies the purpose is to meet and greet riders for breakfast and or lunch by retired individuals that ride any type or brand of vehicles licensed as motorcycles.

I am a retired motorcycle safety professional and would like to enjoy riding with others in my retirement. Let's do it while we can. I have many years and miles riding street and off road motorcycles including side hacks. My off road riding also includes atv's and some racing in the desert, European scrambles, motocross, hill climbing, Enduro and some road racing. Now days I mainly ride larger dual purpose bikes, my current bike is the new Africa Twin with DCT.

I would like to hear from any of you that are interested in this new adventure in riding. Your input will help this new group to address all of your desires and suggestions for meeting the goals of the "ROMEOS", Retired Old Motorcyclists Eating Out.

Bill
Parkville Rider

Re: New group in the Oregon and Washington border near the Columbia River

Post by Parkville Rider »

Hi Bill, welcome to the Romeo family. My suggestion would be to start out trying to locate individuals with like interests, and invite them to a Romeo lunch or breakfast. Don't depend solely on the website until you get at least a dozen or so interested riders. Ask them for their input and ride to eat and have fun. Again, welcome to the Romeo's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
b52bill

Post by b52bill »

Thanks for the tip. I'll do just that. :roll:

Bill
Richard

Post by Richard »

b52Bill - Hi Bill! Richard Kurtz here to welcome you into our delightful group.
One of the reasons for our success has been the freedom we offer each and every member. We have no dues, no by-laws, no officers, no brand loyalty and no member responsibility other than that of the ride coordinator who sets up the weekly ride. Our controlling focus from the beginning has been to help support the little ma and pa cafe's in little towns. a roll we treasure
and in our home state here in Kansas we have 428 of these little places to go to...a never ending supply it seems and we have been an economic benefit to each one we visit.
I do wish you well and am excited to hear of your start up. I invite you to peruse this website for ideas and answers that may be helpful in your new venture.
I dearly love your area by the way. My bro-in-law resides in Lewiston Idaho with my wifes twin sister, and my wife and I are up in your area often and he has a son in Seattle who we also visit. Great riding up there...show us proud!
Roadpounder

Post by Roadpounder »

Hi Bill:
Welcome aboard. I think you'll find us to be a easy going group. No rules, no dues, no firm structure. Just a bunch of great folks who love two things. Riding motorcycles and eating. Like Richard said our major thrust is to help out the small mom and pop cafes and bring a little cash into some of the struggling little towns, and of course to enjoy a good ride with our friends. Feel free t cruise around the web site and see what the others are doing and if there;s anything I can do to help you out, let me know.

Marty Hauk
AKA Roadpounder
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hey Bill - I forgot to mention that I have literally hundreds of the ROMEO windshield stickers that will identify you as a ROMEO from afar. If you send me your address or somehow post it on the website so I can find it, I'll send you an ample supply for your group at N/C. Or just send me your address on a post card and I"ll get them to you!
My address is Richard Kurtz
P.O. Box 221
Lindsborg, Kansas 67456