North Central ROMEO Lunch Ride for 6/14/17

Moderator: Roadpounder

Roadpounder

North Central ROMEO Lunch Ride for 6/14/17

Post by Roadpounder »

Here's a new place that comes highly recommended. They just opened recently and the menu will be mostly burgers and fries.

TIME....................12:00

Here it is.............. Boathouse Bar & Grill
Old Hy Way 40
Dorrance, Kansas

785-324-1982

It's Dorrance or Bust. Were leaving from Quality Inn @ 11:00.

Facebook Page............

Web Page.............

Map site.............http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc

We must have made peace with the weatherman. He has given us some pretty good riding weather lately. Leo and I got to the Quality Inn early and waited for the others to start to show. As they rolled in launch time swiftly approached. Soon we had a fairly good group to go and I found the mantel of leadership fell upon me. This time I felt relatively good as I actually looked at the map before I set out for the Inn. I was reasonably confident that I could find my way there. I knew it was not far past Wilson and the restaurant was right on the highway. So off we went, throwing caution to the wind and motored happily down Crawford. Several of us weren't quite ready to go when I hit the road so I kept the speed down so they could catch up. We were all there by the time I got to K140. When we got to Wilson we wound up behind some farm machinery and judging by their pace I'm sure they weren't headed for Bonneville. Although at their pace they might be able to make it there for speed week. We were stuck behind them all the way through town. Unlike the folks down in Georgia, when I lived there, I tend to take a solid yellow line as more than a suggestion. Motoring down K140 I spotted a grain elevator in the distance. Being too far to read what it said on the side I pressed on impatiently waiting to read what it said, hoping it was Dorrance. When I finally was close enough to read it, it yielded no useful information. I kept going. My eyes darting madly looking for any sign of Dorrance. The first sign I spotted was the familiar group of bikes parked on the left by a small building and the familiar neon glow of ROMEO shirts. The restaurant was on what appeared to be a side street and I had already passed the first entrance before I spotted the bikes. A quick backtrack and we were there. I got Leo settled and got the photos done. There was little indoor seating but plenty outdoor. That worked out well since the day was perfect for eating outdoors. They had a register set up outside and the menu of the day was a burger, chips and a drink. Service was lightening fast. I no sooner placed my order and found a place to sit and had enough time to get a few more shots when my food arrived. I sat down to a bag of chips and a cheeseburger fully twice as thick as most and done to perfection. By the time I had finished up most of us had pulled out and they took the register back inside. I went in to settle up and pay my respects to the owner, then made my way back out to Leo and got ready to head home. Several others decided to take a more scenic route home, but being pretty well spent I just backtracked. I pulled out with Harold Chase in tow and we rode together until we got to Ellsworth where I lost him. I surmised that he had pulled into the Casey's to gas up while I pressed on home. At home I collapsed in a heap, totally spent. Now it will take me 3 days to recover from a great ride.

We had riders from Salina, Minneapolis, Denmark, Tipton, Russell, Sylvan Grove, and Canton, with the long distance being Delbert Schriener at 91 miles.

We were riding Honda, Harley, Yamaha, Suzuki, Victory, Kawasaki, CanAm, and Moto Guzzi.

Wanna.jpg
Wanna.jpg (65.04 KiB) Viewed 339 times
Attachments
100_0953.JPG
100_0959.JPG
100_0960.JPG
100_0961.JPG
100_0962.JPG
100_0963.JPG
100_0964.JPG
100_0965.JPG
100_0966.JPG