North Central ROMEO Lunch Ride for 5/24/17

Moderator: Roadpounder

Roadpounder

North Central ROMEO Lunch Ride for 5/24/17

Post by Roadpounder »

This is a place we haven't been to in quite some time. It's been about 2 years. It sounds quite good and I think the weather is going to be good. Last forecast I saw was partly sunny and 70. As long as the weatherman doesn't blindside us again it should be a good ride.

The executive decision has been made. We will be leaving the Sleep Inn@11:30.

TIME....................1:00

Here it is.............. Bull's Eye Grill
3408 E Red Rock Rd
Yoder, Kansas

(620) 465-2855

Facebook Page............https://www.facebook.com/Bulls-Eye-Gril ... 1/?fref=ts

Web Page.............

Map site.............http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc

Things started out quite normal for a good riding day. The sun was warm and the sky was clear. Bikes started rolling in and before long there were 10 of us. Diesel Dave made the mistake of admitting that he knew how to get to Yoder so I quickly commandeered him to take the lead. While I was going about the picture thing he and a few others pondered the route. Horns tooted and I scrambled to get Leo on board. By the time I got fired up I fell in line at number 6. Still oblivious to our total number I was straining my vision to count the bikes while on the roll. After several attempts I got what I felt to be an accurate count and settled in for a comfortable ride. Just before we entered Yoder we joined up with Morry bringing our count to 11. All was well until we got into Yoder and Dave pulled over. He knew how to get to Yoder bot not to the restaurant. Of course I couldn't remember the address, so after a little deliberation we decided to take a WAG at it. Fortunately we were only about 2 or 3 blocks away. Dave saw a bunch of bikes and figured we were there. They were parked at The Second Table. By now my Alzheimer's in running on all cylinders and I couldn't remember if that was the right place. Looking around I saw the Bull's Eye across the street and that sounded much more familiar. Someone reassured me that the Bull's Eye was the right place. So leaving Leo tied to my bike I set out about the photo mission. By the time I got to the Bulls Eye some of the folks who had already finished, so I ambushed them with the sign in book. Someone took it inside and it continued on it's rounds. Once I got inside I quickly placed my order and got about the indoor shots. I managed to commandeer a chair next to Richard and placed my drink there to mark my territory, and continued to scurry about making a pest of myself with my camera. Just as I took the last pictures the waitress was wandering around looking for me to deliver her culinary delights. I opted for their super mega double burger to insure that there would be some left for Leo, who was settled outside out of the way. One double mega burger, an order of fries and a soda later I lethargically wandered toward the door, when I caught sight of the collection of T shirts for sale. I just had to have one for my collection. Before I got outside I spotted Richard doing some serious damage to an ice cream cone. JACKPOT! Lunch and ice cream in the same place! Back outside I gave Leo his treasure and joined in the tire kicking and lie swapping, and eventually found my way across the street to my bike to find a squeaky toy someone left on my bike. Not really being into squeaky toys I figured I'd give it to Leo who would probably enjoy it more. To our benevolent benefactor, Thanks from Leo. Soon bikes were firing up and hitting the road. Diesel Dave and Bruce were pondering a route back and I shifted into lemming mode and followed in tow. Somewhere along the way Bruce missed a turn and pulled over to turn around. Being tail end Charlie I turned around last. That's when things went sideways. Literally. I went a little wide and the front wheel found some grass at which time my noble steed decided it didn't want to go the direction the wheel was pointed so it laid down in protest. I reached for the kill switch and began to extricate myself from under the bike. By that time a kind lady (a nurse) who had seen the whole thing came running up to see if I was OK. I assured her I was none the worse for the wear. Her Adrenalin must have been surging since she seemed rather upset and wanted to call 911. I assured her that that was not necessary and I was OK. By now Diesel Dave came charging to the rescue. Leo looked a little shook up but OK. About the time we got the bike back up and rolled into the shallow ditch a sheriff showed up to check things out. By now I'm feeling like a celebrity with all this attention. I think I may have even seen a CNN chopper overhead. I went down on the left side so Leo landed on his butt. With the bike upright, I took Leo out of the carrier and put his leash on so he could shake off the trauma. That didn't take long and he was back to doing dog things. He's tough as nails! After thanks all around I fired up and rode out of the ditch, joined up with Bruce and Dave and headed for Salina. I was starting to feel a little sore in the ribs, but nothing that I haven't had before. It was just a bruised rib and I knew I'd be sore for a while. The rest of the ride was uneventful. When I got home I informed Shorty and my niece of what had happened and panic swiftly ensued. There came demands that I go to the hospital and even threats to send an ambulance. All of which I soundly refused. I've been through this before. My niece came over and immediately grabbed my shoes, ready to haul me off the the hospital kicking and screaming. I stood my ground and stayed home. She stayed to make supper for me, and get me some pain killers. Things are getting better and the pain is subsiding and in a week I won't know it happened. There was one casualty. When I went down I landed on my camera which was in my left pocket. The screen was destroyed. The camera still works but no display. After a painstakingly long search on the internet I managed to track down some displays for my camera in China. I ordered 2 so I can fix the one I broke last year. I'm looking at a 2 – 3 week delivery time. Now I'm trying to get a serviceable camera until then. I have an old 1 MP camera if I can find the card for it and keep the battery cover closed. I'm just glad my bike came through unscathed.
A bad day riding is still better than a good day working.
A bad day riding is still better than a good day working.
oops1.jpg (60.62 KiB) Viewed 525 times
Attachments
101_2777.JPG
101_2778.JPG
101_2779.JPG
101_2780.JPG
101_2781.JPG
101_2782.JPG
101_2783.JPG
101_2784.JPG
101_2785.JPG
101_2786.JPG
101_2787.JPG
101_2788.JPG
101_2789.JPG
101_2790.JPG
101_2791.JPG
101_2792.JPG
101_2793.JPG
101_2794.JPG
101_2795.JPG
101_2796.JPG
101_2797.JPG
101_2798.JPG
101_2799.JPG
101_2800.JPG
101_2801.JPG
101_2802.JPG
101_2803.JPG
101_2804.JPG
101_2805.JPG
101_2806.JPG
101_2807.JPG
101_2808.JPG
101_2809.JPG
101_2810.JPG
101_2811.JPG
101_2812.JPG
101_2813.JPG
101_2814.JPG
101_2815.JPG
101_2816.JPG
101_2817.JPG
101_2818.JPG
101_2819.JPG
101_2820.JPG
101_2821.JPG
101_2822.JPG
101_2823.JPG
101_2824.JPG
101_2825.JPG
Last edited by Roadpounder on Mon May 29, 2017 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roadpounder

Re: North Central ROMEO Lunch Ride for 5/24/17

Post by Roadpounder »

MORE PICS
Attachments
101_2826.JPG
101_2827.JPG
101_2828.JPG
101_2829.JPG
beemermark

Re: North Central ROMEO Lunch Ride for 5/24/17

Post by beemermark »

I'm back! Ride safe. Mark
Attachments
Easy to find, the Bull's Eye Grill is at the end of the greater Yoder Downtown Metro Plex
Easy to find, the Bull's Eye Grill is at the end of the greater Yoder Downtown Metro Plex
DSCN1508.JPG
If you hear someone say they don't make these anymore or you can't get parts for that -- send them to Yoder.
If you hear someone say they don't make these anymore or you can't get parts for that -- send them to Yoder.
DSCN1510.JPG
DSCN1512.JPG
DSCN1513.JPG
Ribbons of steel and Kansas skyscrapers
Ribbons of steel and Kansas skyscrapers
Even Pioneer Grain honors the past
Even Pioneer Grain honors the past
There was a horse and buggy lashed to this post when we rolled into town, I missed the shot!
There was a horse and buggy lashed to this post when we rolled into town, I missed the shot!
DSCN1518.JPG
I grew up around these loop wire fences, warms my heart to see a few still surviving
I grew up around these loop wire fences, warms my heart to see a few still surviving
The post office, small and plain
The post office, small and plain
Happy camper
Happy camper
DSCN1524.JPG
DSCN1525.JPG
Marty and club mascot Leo!
Marty and club mascot Leo!
DSCN1530.JPG
DSCN1531.JPG
DSCN1532.JPG
DSCN1533.JPG