North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 3/1/17

Moderator: Roadpounder

Roadpounder

North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 3/1/17

Post by Roadpounder »

It was an arduous task but I finally found a place on this hemisphere. This is a new place that Richard supplied the info for. It's primarily an ice cream shop but they serve lunches too. It comes highly recommended so I say we give it a go.

TIME....................11:30

Here it is.............. The Twisty Shoppe
12 N Broadway
Herrington, KS 67449

785-258-2721

Facebook Page............https://www.facebook.com/TwistyShoppe/

Web Page.............

Map site.............http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc

Since most of you seem to think that I am the Grand Exalted Potentate of this organization I hereby degree by executive order that the Salina contingent will leave from the SLEEP INN at 10:00

The weather was less than cooperative this morning. Cold and not looking to get any better. Herrington wasn't too far away so I thought we might have a moderate turnout. After I fed my noble steed I arrived at the Sleep Inn to find that everyone was conspicuous by their absence. Still a little early I settled in to wait for the others to start rolling in. After about 5 minutes Bud showed up on his CanAm. As the time ticked by and we pondered the meaning of life, it started to look more increasingly like Bud and I were it. This forced me into the lead, which wasn't as dangerous as usual since I knew how to get to Herrington. I just didn't know where the restaurant was when we got there. Off we went thundering down old 81 to K4 and Gypsum. Coming out of Gypsum we found Richard waiting at the road to Roxbury for us. With a welcoming wave he fell in tow and the 3 of us carried merrily on toward Herrington. Richard was bringing up the rear until he chose to pass Bud to get a better view of me laying the goose into the curves. When we got to K15 I took myself off the hook and coaxed Richard into the lead since he knew where the restaurant was. This was a good move since I think if I were to have lead the rest of the way, we'd still be looking. We rolled up to the restaurant to find Delbert and Leon already there. It didn't take long to do my photo mission and follow Richard inside. The Twisty Shop is a nostalgic throwback to better days with a 50s motif and oldies playing in the juke box. I opted for the BBQ cheeseburger and fries. The fries were WELL done which is the way I like them. Richard not so much. I wound up with his crunchy fries. As we were waiting for our orders a few more ROMEOs came bringing our number to 8. Not the biggest turnout but we still had a good time.

Although we didn't have a big crowd we had a good variety of riders from Salina, Junction City, Denmark, Abilene, Manhattan, Lindsborg, and Canton.

Mike Miller from Manhattan on his V Star was the bravest coming 68 miles.

We were riding Honda, Harley, Yamaha, CanAm, And Moto Guzzi.
Attachments
cruise.jpg
cruise.jpg (52.06 KiB) Viewed 247 times
101_2337.JPG
101_2338.JPG
101_2339.JPG
101_2340.JPG
101_2341.JPG
101_2342.JPG
101_2343.JPG
101_2344.JPG
101_2345.JPG