North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 2/15/17

Moderator: Roadpounder

Roadpounder

North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 2/15/17

Post by Roadpounder »

We're back to Wednesday. Well, after the usual string of disconnected phones and closed restaurants I managed to nail down a place that we haven't been to in about a year. The weatherman is promising temps in the high 50s with copious sunshine, so it should be a good ride.

OK We nailed it down and will be leaving the Iron Skillet at 10:45.

TIME....................12:00 PM

Here it is.............. Kountry KAFE
201 Starr Ave
Miltonvale, Kansas 67466
(785) 427-2662

Facebook Page.............https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Koun ... 72?fref=ts

Map site.............http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc

All seemed well when I started out. A little cool but promising to be a great day. I rolled into the Iron Skillet to find that I was alone. With about 25 minutes before launch time I figured that others would be arriving forthwith. When I left the house I noticed some of the guys gathering at Spangle's, but since the published rendezvous was the Skillet I proceeded as planned. As I patiently waited the nagging thought of whether I listed the right launch site on the web started to gnaw at me. I always start to second guess myself when things look suspicious. Shortly Big Jim showed up and we waited for others to show. Launch time came and we went. Just Jim and I. I shifted into full lemming mode and followed Jim. About the time we rolled into Concordia Jim pulled over to discuss the situation. Point of fact, we were lost in our own back yard. We opted for heading east out of Concordia and then south. I trusted that Jim would get us back on track so off we went. It wasn't far east of Concordia when Jim pulled over again and I knew he still didn't know how to get there, and of course I'm clueless. Gathering all the testosterone we could muster we decided to dig the map out. After consulting the appropriate documents we figured out how to get to Miltonvale. Fortunately we left early enough that in spite of our exploratory journey we still arrived on time. After the outdoor portion of the photo mission was complete, I entered and immediately my memory was jogged and I recalled being there before. Their special for the day was Mexican. Not my favorite but I must admit the nachos were quite tasty. I opted for the obligatory mushroom burger and cheese sticks. After I was settled there were a few more who straggled in. We all had a good meal and the day turned out to be spectacular.

We had riders 19 from Salina, Minneapolis, Junction City, Denmark, Culver, Hunter, and Canton.
Big Jim and I were beat out of high mileage by 1 mile. Galon Seehafer from Hunter on his Harley.

We were riding Honda, Harley, Yamaha, Suzuki, BMW, CanAm, Victory, Kawasaki. And Moto Guzzi.

Someday2.jpg
Someday2.jpg (43.67 KiB) Viewed 422 times
Attachments
101_2236.JPG
101_2237.JPG
101_2238.JPG
101_2239.JPG
101_2240.JPG
101_2241.JPG
101_2242.JPG
101_2243.JPG
101_2244.JPG