North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 1/18/17

Moderator: Roadpounder

Roadpounder

North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 1/18/17

Post by Roadpounder »

Considering the questionable weather I've been watching the forecast. Although Thursday looks slightly warmer, Wednesday looks sunnier. So I set us up for Tescott on Wednesday. Its pretty close and it looks like a good ride for January.

TIME....................1:00

Here it is.............. Somewhere Grill
100 N Main St
Tescott, Kansas 67484
785-283-4488

Facebook page........

Web Page.............

Air Freshener.jpg
Were set for the expedition to Tescott. Leaving from the Quality Inn west of I135 on Crawford at 12:30. Looking forward to another great ride.

Map site.............http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc

The weather being better earlier in the week we opted for an earlier ride to Tescott and scheduled for Tuesday. It started out acceptable albeit cool in the morning but steadily improved. When I got to the Quality Inn it looked at first that I was the only one to show. But as I pulled in I found Leon there hiding behind a tree. As time wore on Terry arrived and we chatted while we waited for others to show. When launch time arrived, no one else did so the three of us blasted off. We had discussed the routing my suggestion of Burma road to 140 was wisely rejected, as it would have probably delivered us to Denver. We fell in trail with Terry and he got us on a track consistent with what I saw on my trip planner. I don't t know, but I've been living in Salina for ten years and I'm lucky I can find my way to the grocery store without getting lost. We headed north on I135 to State street and west. When we ran out of road we turned north and soon crested a hill that was topped with a motorcycle. It was Diesel Dave waiting to join up with us. The four of us pressed on to Tescott and met the early arrivals. After getting the outside shots I went inside to find some pretty subdued lighting. I thought this is going to be challenging for my little red camera. The flash is pretty anemic and as the batteries drain the pictures get darker and darker. The special of the day was fried chicken with mashed potatoes gravy and corn. It was a popular choice. With all bellies full we wandered outside to regale each other with our exploits. Several of us decided to ride back to Salina together so we joined up and headed out. The ride home put me back in the zone and I could have kept going all day. We wound up backtracking the route we came. When we got to I135 I was there for just the one exit before I peeled off to head home. Now to check out how bad the pictures came out. I downloaded them into the computer to see what I could salvage. As I suspected all the indoor shots came out very dark. Fortunately I have the latest Microsoft virus (Windows 10), and it has a photo editing application which allows me to adjust the pics to make them clearer. Through the wonders of modern technology and a little voodoo and black magic I found I could enhance them which reduced the shadows and brighten them up to bring out the details and the pics came out pretty well in the end. Another day of good riding, good food, and good friends.

We had 18 riders from Salina, Denmark, Culver, McPherson, Lindsborg, and Canton. The high miler was Bill Wilson coming 58 miles from McPherson.

We were riding Honda, Harley, Yamaha, BMW, CanAm, Kawasaki, And Moto Guzzi.
Attachments
101_2134.JPG
101_2135.JPG
101_2136.JPG
101_2137.JPG
101_2138.JPG
101_2139.JPG
101_2140.JPG
101_2141.JPG
101_2142.JPG
101_2143.JPG
101_2144.JPG