North Central Kansas Christmas Lunch 12/21/16

Moderator: Roadpounder

Roadpounder

North Central Kansas Christmas Lunch 12/21/16

Post by Roadpounder »

After talking to the guys this morning I was going to wimp out for this week, but John Crandall just called me to say that he and a few other guys are going to the E S Cafe in Solomon tomorrow. It's supposed to be in the mid 40s by noon. I'm thinking of going along.

They will be meeting at Casey's on Ohio & Iron at 12:30

WHOOP! WHOOP! RED ALERT! I DID IT AGAIN. SCREWED UP THE TIME
LEAVING CASEY'S 1:00 TO ARRIVE AT 1:30

TIME....................1:00

Here it is.............. E's Cafe
309 N Poplar St
Solomon, Kansas 67480

Facebook page........

The weather man promised us a reasonably good day, but when I got up I had my doubts. I was glad that we had a later departure time since if I was going I needed either to do a load of laundry or do the ride in my BVDs. Not considering the later an option I got up early enough to perform the odious task. I'm a horrible domestic. Keeping an eye on the temperature I was leaning toward sitting this one out. But as the morning wore on the temperature steadily rose from “NO WAY,” to “ Well Maybe”, to “ It's Not Looking Too Bad”, and finally the thermometer read “Mount Up” The plan of action was to gas up, then stop at the bank for come cash then over the Casey's to meet the other guys. I arrived to meet Terry Powell, John Crandall, and Randy patiently waiting for 1:00 to roll around. The best laid plans and all that, when I pulled into Casey's and came to the realization that I forgot to stop at the bank. Pulling my wallet I assessed the situation and came to the conclusion that I had enough to get fed it I went light. Swapping lies, kicking tires, and snapping pictures, it didn't take long for the time to arrive, and the four of launched off. We didn't take the route that I had expected but stayed on Country Club road to the last possible northbound road prior to Solomon to old 40 and east to Solomon. When we got to old 40 we were joined by Diesel Dave and we all pulled into town. Although the ROMEOs had been to E's before, I had not. This was a new experience for me. Honestly I didn't even know about this place. I added it to the list for future reference. After I got the indoor shots and planted my butt to order Richard and Joyce arrived and we made room for them at our table. The special of the day was a smothered burrito. Not being big on Mexican cuisine I first verified that they took plastic, then opted for the 6 oz strip steak. That satisfied my inner neanderthal. After all bellies were full the rest of the crew decided that they hadn't had enough riding for the day, but I was just looking forward to getting back to my recliner and vegging out for the rest of the day
explane.jpg
explane.jpg (64.75 KiB) Viewed 353 times
Web Page.............

Map site.............http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Attachments
101_2025.JPG
101_2026.JPG
101_2027.JPG
101_2028.JPG
101_2029.JPG
101_2030.JPG
101_2031.JPG