North Central Kansas Christmas Lunch 12/14/16

Moderator: Roadpounder

Roadpounder

North Central Kansas Christmas Lunch 12/14/16

Post by Roadpounder »

It's that time again! Christmas is almost here. Thanks to Terry Powell's help we're set up for a lunch at the Coyote Canyon at 12:00 noon. We have the back room reserved like last year.

Mode of transportation optional
Shoe Car.jpg
Shoe Car.jpg (199.74 KiB) Viewed 507 times
Bring your spouse or significant other.

Your presence is the only presents we wish.

12/14/16 Well Christmas is almost here and along with it weather fit only for caribou and polar bears. Following Richard's lead of last year we set up to invade one of my favorite buffets, Coyote Canyon. As was last year it was miserably cold but at least it was dry. The rendezvous time was high noon, so I left the house in time to stop at the bank to cash in my change stash for the holidays. I was number two in line for that service behind a guy looked like he had just knocked over the Denver mint. I didn't know the bank's coin sorter could count that high. By the time they counted my change, I and just enough time to get to the restaurant. I was a little disoriented since I never had to find the restaurant coming from the south before. I was a little disoriented since I never had to find the restaurant coming from the south before. After a brief search I zeroed in on their sign and made my way to the lot. Having forgone breakfast I was ready to take on the challenge of an all you can eat buffet. Once inside I channeled my inner cave man and made a bee line for the meat. Salisbury steak, sausage, chicken, and just so I didn't look too much like a Neanderthal I picked up a little corn and mac and cheese. Making my way to the dining room I found about half of the gang already there. I saw Pat Shea there who had called me earlier to tell me about some designs for some proposed back ROMEO back patches he wanted to get my perspective on. During our discussion we came to the knowledge that Roger Shores out east already had some and although Pats designs looked good to me, we decided to hold off til Richard could see them and we could check out what Roger has. By the time we made our way through that I was ready to send in the second wave of bombers to the buffet. This time I remembered to get a glass of chocolate milk to help wash it all down. I tried to save enough room for a piece of Pecan pie, and made my way toward the deserts. I found the pie sliced into 12 pieces instead of the traditional 6. So of course I took two. Again my eyes were bigger than my stomach and I was getting to the end of my capacity. Determined not to have a replay of last week where I couldn't have gotten that last bite of pie with a battering ram, I let things settle s little and finished it off. By that time we were starting to filter out. Full bellies all and great fellowship.

We had a good turnout of 25 from We had riders from Salina, Manhattan, Great Bend, Culver, McPherson, Lindsborg, and Canton.

Boop Biker-3.gif
Boop Biker-3.gif (174.82 KiB) Viewed 213 times
Attachments
101_2012.JPG
101_2013.JPG
101_2014.JPG
101_2015.JPG
101_2016.JPG
101_2017.JPG
101_2018.JPG
101_2019.JPG
101_2020.JPG