LUNCH 11 AM JANUARY 17, HENRY'S GRILL, TOPEKA, KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

swanee

LUNCH 11 AM JANUARY 17, HENRY'S GRILL, TOPEKA, KS

Post by swanee »

Looks like it's back in the deep freeze after the break we got this past Wednesday--sorry I couldn't make Mulligan's but managed to do a little riding later that day. The good news is, we'll be going to Henry's Grill at the Harley dealer in Topeka. They don't serve until 11:00 but if you get there early you won't have to be out in the cold. You can hang around in the Harley shop or even visit the Evel Knievel museum (that you have to pay for). Just browsing bikes and farkles in the showroom is "free" of course...but for Harley fans it could be hazardous to the checkbook :o

The Wednesday burnt ends at Henry's are really good, as you know if you've been there, and if that's not meaty enough for you Jeff said you can also get bacon wrapped pork sticks (order both and us seniors get a choice of Zocor or Lipitor on the side :lol: ) With a high predicted in the low 20's I don't think we'll get 30 bikes again this week. But the forecast is still GREAT for BS about motorcycles and whatever else comes up when ROMEO's gather around a table for some good eats. So come on down to:

Henry's Grill (inside the Harley shop)
2047 SW TOPEKA BLVD
TOPEKA, KANSAS 66612
785-845-9559

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Attachments
HenrysGril1.jpg
HenrysGril1.jpg (41.06 KiB) Viewed 472 times
swanee

Re: LUNCH 11 AM JANUARY 17, HENRY'S GRILL, TOPEKA, KS

Post by swanee »

We had around 25 who got out on a morning that started out around zero but soon started climbing upwards with plenty of sunshine...that was enough to coax exactly ONE intrepid trike out (Howard's--see pic below) and the rest of us came in cages. Everyone was having such a good time standing around BS'ing in the Harley shop some of us didn't even notice that Henry's had opened a few minutes early. But that didn't last long! The ROMEO chow hounds (is that redundant?) then came barreling in and enjoyed excellent eats except Larry #2 who'd had breakfast out, but he joined us anyway and enjoyed his signature Pepsi. Thanks to all for making it another fun if frosty ROMEO day and let's hope for some less wintery weather next week!

Sorry 'bout the pictures being kind of low-res but somehow got my camera on a different setting when I was cleaning out last year's pics...you "get the picture" anyway :lol:
Attachments
DSC00812.JPG
DSC00814.JPG
These guys were VERY early arrivals for lunch today.
These guys were VERY early arrivals for lunch today.
This is how Topeka H-D looked if you remember it on 6th Street.
This is how Topeka H-D looked if you remember it on 6th Street.
Howard and the only motorcycle seen outside at the Harley dealer today,
Howard and the only motorcycle seen outside at the Harley dealer today,
DSC00818.JPG
DSC00819.JPG
DSC00820.JPG
DSC00821.JPG
DSC00822.JPG
DSC00823.JPG
DSC00825.JPG