LUNCH 11 AM JANUARY 10, MULLIGANS BBQ, MERIDEN, KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

LUNCH 11 AM JANUARY 10, MULLIGANS BBQ, MERIDEN, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

It looks like we might get a little break from the deep freeze next week that might even allow us to start up a few bikes, especially if you can plug in a jacket and/or gloves for a short ride. But even if you don't want to ride your bike you can jump in your car and join us for lunch since it's been TEN DAYS SINCE WE'VE SEEN EACH OTHER! (And even more if you didn't make it for the New Year's Day ride!) We're going to a place that Larry #3 goes when he wants to walk somewhere for a sandwich and he swears they are the best sandwiches in Meriden!

The last time we were here the weather wasn't so hot and I think that Roger Shores was the only one that rode. A picture of his bike is attached.

I'm also including a picture of the staff from Mulligan's. Now I'm not guaranteeing that they'll all be there on Wednesday, but they might! The weather should be a lot better this year, so plan on joining us for lunch at:

Mulligan's BBQ
7210 K4 highway
Meriden, KS 66512

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc

Attachments
1 (5).jpg
DSC00511.jpg
DSC00511.jpg (92.99 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
IMG_1474.jpg
IMG_1474.jpg (91.69 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
kai61

Re: LUNCH 11 AM JANUARY 10, MULLIGANS BBQ, MERIDEN, KS

Post by kai61 »

Its supposed to be 59 degree F next Wednesday !!! . I have my new Venture Transcontinental and I'm riding !!! :)

Last edited by kai61 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the Son embrace you and the Wind always smile upon you…
JimBruno

Post by JimBruno »

Kia most smile a little when they get a new ride. Congrats on hitting 59.
kai61

Post by kai61 »

JimBruno, aaahhhhh I am smiling :) and who is Kia ?
lindad608

Post by lindad608 »

Oh man, Wish we were there. Larry 3, eat a smoked turkey sandwich for me. Linda
shoresr

Post by shoresr »

Mick mentioned that I was the only rider at Meriden last year :o He is a video of my trip...It wasn't snowing when I left Kansas City, but I didn't stay for lunch. I made it back to Tim's in Lawrence and had Melissa come pick me up. The picture was the ice that had formed by the time I got back to Lawrence.

https://youtu.be/1D6i9CSdjB4
kai61

Post by kai61 »

Thats crazy!!! I won't be doing that !!!
schoolmaster

RIDE REPORT: JANUARY 10, MULLIGANS BBQ, MERIDEN, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

You guys must have really missed each other over the holidays because the official Hoser count was 32 and as I was leaving Mulligan's, 3 more ROMEOS walked in the door to eat lunch. So I think we ended up with 35 and I think there were at least 30 motorcycles in the parking lot. Although it wasn't exactly a flip-flops and Hawaiian shirt kind of day, and it was mostly gray and dreary and the streets were a little damp, at least it got into the high 40's by lunch time and was into the early 50's by the time I got home. I think it just showed that a lot of us are suffering from a little cabin fever and relished the thought of getting out on the bike for a short ride before this next winter blast hits tonight.

Days like this are a reminder that there are better days ahead and that now is the time to break out those motorcycle magazines and start looking online for great trips and great new equipment that you know you need. And that you can start to think of how best to explain to your better half about why these things need to take priority as you begin preparing your shopping list!

Back to today's get-together, Mulligan's served us quickly and efficiently and the food was really good, the portions were large and the smoked turkey was just as good as rumor had it according to all the reports from those that ordered it today. Topics that were discussed today included flat-track racing, Kai's new Yamaha (picture attached), motorcycles (and the significant contributions they make to our lives), Jayhawk basketball, Big 12 basketball, taxes, the flu (and whether you should or shouldn't get a flu shot), upcoming trips, holiday tales, wives (and the significant contributions they make to our lives), the food, and the fact that life is pretty darned good for a bunch of old fools that don't know any better! I've attached a few photos as proof that we actually did get together today.

I'll be out of town for most of the rest of January so Swanee will be responsible for your entertainment and general well-being for the rest of the month. I know you'll be in good hands. Twas a great day to be a ROMEO!!

Attachments
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
3 (2).jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
1 (6).jpg
2 (4).jpg