LUNCH 11 AM, DEC. 27, THE SHACK, TOPEKA, KS.

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

LUNCH 11 AM, DEC. 27, THE SHACK, TOPEKA, KS.

Post by schoolmaster »

If you're reading this early in the week then you survived Christmas and you're looking for a place to have lunch with a bunch of your friends. According to the forecast from the week prior (actually right now it's today) it says we might have a high NEAR 32. But, it does say that it will be sunny (every little thing helps right?). So what better than to try a new place that's actually kind of in the country but it's sort of near the city. This place sits at the base of the dam creating Lake Shawnee and it's sort of hidden off the road to the north and it looks a little shaky from the road. But if you go inside you'll find probably one of the best burgers in Shawnee County. So let's meet for lunch at 11 at:

The Shack
2842 SE 29th
Topeka, KS 66605

They are actually open for breakfast too, but they stop serving it at 10:30 and lunch starts at 11:00. I'd highly recommend the burgers and fries here but they have a nice menu with lots of choices.

This is fairly centrally located so if it's too cold to ride on two wheels, or three, it works pretty darn well for anywhere from 4 up to 18!
So hope to see you for lunch after Christmas!

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Attachments
1 (4).jpg
2 (3).jpg
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

Re: LUNCH 11 AM, DEC. 27, THE SHACK, TOPEKA, KS.

Post by schoolmaster »

BRRRR!! It was 8 degrees this morning when I left this morning to pick up my granddaughter who wanted to take me to lunch this morning. I told her she could join me in meeting some RODEOS for lunch this morning and I was right. There wasn't a motorcycle in sight this morning when I pulled into the parking lot this morning at the Shack. And it's probably a good thing because even if someone had tried to ride in the cold, the icy parking lot from 29th Street to the front door of the Shack would have been pretty treacherous on two wheels. I did appreciate the company of my granddaughter Caroline, a senior at Lawrence Free State High School, who still likes hanging out with her grandpa occasionally! We didn't exactly overwhelm the kitchen staff at The Shack with our 10 RODEOS, but at least a few of us showed up to keep our weekly streak going.

I'm going to be out of town for most of January, but Swanee is going to man the ship so I know you'll be in good hands. Hope to see you all out and about soon!
Attachments
6.jpg
7.jpg
A LITTLE SLICK FOR MOTORCYCLE PARKING.
A LITTLE SLICK FOR MOTORCYCLE PARKING.
THE MAYOR OF LECOMPTON HAS GONE GANGSTA.
THE MAYOR OF LECOMPTON HAS GONE GANGSTA.
CAROLINE WAS READING THE MENU TO MAKE SURE MARVIN DIDN'T MISS ANYTHING .
CAROLINE WAS READING THE MENU TO MAKE SURE MARVIN DIDN'T MISS ANYTHING .
CONNIE WANTED TO WISH LINDA A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!
CONNIE WANTED TO WISH LINDA A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!
MY GRANDDAUGHTER CAROLINE WAS HOLDING A SPOT FOR ALL THE MOTORCYCLES TO PARK!
MY GRANDDAUGHTER CAROLINE WAS HOLDING A SPOT FOR ALL THE MOTORCYCLES TO PARK!
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster