LUNCH 11 AM, DEC. 20, GUY & MAE'S TAVERN, WILLIAMSBURG, KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

LUNCH 11 AM, DEC. 20, GUY & MAE'S TAVERN, WILLIAMSBURG, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

There are lots of significant events happening on Dec. 20. It's the last ROMEO ride before Christmas. It's the last day Guy & Mae's will be open in 2017 until they reopen for 2018! It's supposed to reach a high of 59 degrees! It's supposed to be sunny! It's time for us to have those to-die-for ribs for lunch at:

Guy & Mae's Tavern
119 William St.
Williamsburg, KS 66055

So let's do this. I can't think of anything that puts me in the holiday spirit like BBQ sauce on my ROMEO shirt. The last time we were here was in May so it's high time we did it again. Remember, they don't open until 11 but the wait is worth it. If you are looking for something to do until they open, you can walk around back and smell the smoke. Or you might be able to get a cup of Joe next door at Pass the Time. But the one thing you can't do, is miss this lunch. So...

You'd better not shout,
You'd better not cry,
You'd better not pout I'm tellin' you why,
Cuz the ROMEOS are comin' to town.
We'll know if you are sleepin',
We'll know if you're awake (and don't come hang out with this bunch),
We'll know if you've missed this ROMEO lunch,
So be here for goodness sake!
Cuz the ROMEOS are comin' to town!

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc

And by the way, if you don't think these small restaurants don't notice that we are there or they don't appreciate our business, then think again. I received this email yesterday:

Hi Mick,

So sorry I missed all of you yesterday, but it sounds like you all enjoyed the day--and we were grateful for your business and spending time here in St. Mary's. Our employees certainly enjoyed the excitement of all the bikes and bikers in our small town.

Wishing you and all the ROMEOS a blessed Christmas from our family to yours!
Best regards,
Dan Hohman
SUGAR CREEK COUNTRY STORE
505 W Bertrand Ave.
St. Mary’s, KS 66536
(785)321-3000
sugarcreekcountrystore@gmail.com
www.sugarcreekcountrystore.com
[/color][/size]
Attachments
IF THIS DOESN'T MAKE YOU THINK ABOUT CHRISTMAS THEN NOTHING WILL!
IF THIS DOESN'T MAKE YOU THINK ABOUT CHRISTMAS THEN NOTHING WILL!
16.jpg (112.55 KiB) Viewed 446 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (95.66 KiB) Viewed 446 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (100.29 KiB) Viewed 446 times
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

RIDE REPORT: DEC. 20, GUY & MAE'S TAVERN, WILLIAMSBURG, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

Something sure happened between last Friday when the forecast for today was sunny with a high of 59 degrees. The sun made an appearance only behind lots of cloud cover and the bank thermometer when I left this morning said 36 and I don't think it ever got warmer than 45 today. So much for relying on the weather man! But it didn't make a lot of difference to 23 ROMEOS that thought that ribs sounded like the perfect pre-Christmas lunch! And I think there were 21 motorcycles parked on William Street this morning and I believe only 2 ROMEOS arrived in a cage.

And BTW, ribs were the perfect Christmas lunch--man were they good! So enjoy the pictures and have a very merry Christmas! We will plan a nice post-Christmas ride on the 27th, but from the looks of things in the forecast (who really knows?), it is likely to be a bit nippy next week! So it might be a big RODEO lunch, but we'll just wait and see! I'm sure Mike will ride, and Jim might just to keep him company, but I guess we'll only know next week!

An extra thanks to the two nice ladies who opened up "Pass the Time" and made a pot of coffee for us. Quite a few took advantage of that and left them a nice tip for making the effort! I don't know whether anyone bought anything but I do know Jim was eyeing a slinky red dress (see pics below). And thanks to everyone who made the effort to ride today!
Attachments
5.jpg
6.jpg
WE'RE DEFINITELY GLAD THAT THEY DIDN'T LET IT SNOW TODAY!
WE'RE DEFINITELY GLAD THAT THEY DIDN'T LET IT SNOW TODAY!
QUITE A FEW TOOK THEM UP ON THEIR OFFER!
QUITE A FEW TOOK THEM UP ON THEIR OFFER!
2 (3).jpg
3 (2).jpg
4.jpg
SWANEE WAS ONE OF THE FIRST TO HIT THE COFFEE POT.
SWANEE WAS ONE OF THE FIRST TO HIT THE COFFEE POT.
'TIS THE SEASON.  MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
'TIS THE SEASON. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
14.jpg
THAT'S A 12 POINT WORD!
THAT'S A 12 POINT WORD!
THANKS TO THESE NICE LADIES FOR OPENING UP THE SHOP AND MAKING COFFEE!!
THANKS TO THESE NICE LADIES FOR OPENING UP THE SHOP AND MAKING COFFEE!!
13.jpg
11.jpg
10.jpg
9.jpg
22.jpg
APPARENTLY THE HEATER WASN'T WORKING ON THAT NEW HARLEY! JOHN KEPT RUBBING HIS HANDS.
APPARENTLY THE HEATER WASN'T WORKING ON THAT NEW HARLEY! JOHN KEPT RUBBING HIS HANDS.
I THINK WE KNOW WHO THE TWO "CAGERS" WERE!
I THINK WE KNOW WHO THE TWO "CAGERS" WERE!
C'MON JIM.  YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT...
C'MON JIM. YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT...
A HALF SLAB FOR TEN BUCKS.  WHAT A DEAL.
A HALF SLAB FOR TEN BUCKS. WHAT A DEAL.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster