LUNCH 11 AM, DEC. 13, SUGAR CREEK COUNTRY STORE, ST. MARY'S, KS.

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

LUNCH 11 AM, DEC. 13, SUGAR CREEK COUNTRY STORE, ST. MARY'S, KS.

Post by schoolmaster »

A new place seems in order for the holiday season. I checked this place out last August and it's a little different kind of place but I think you'll really enjoy it. This is a country store in downtown St. Mary's that houses a deli that makes really delicious sandwiches of various types. No hamburgers and fries though, so you'll just have to adapt your diet a little bit. But they have a nice variety of sandwiches and this is a small sample of what's available.

They also have about 10 aisles of assorted kinds of candy, cheeses, snacks of all kinds, bulk foods, and gifts plus a counter for hand-dipped ice cream, shakes,malts, and sundaes that tasted great in August! You'll have to decide how that fits your palate in December though. If you normally pack a $10 bill in your overalls for lunch, you'd better stick and extra $10 in there because I dare you to get out of this place without buying a little something extra either for yourself or your roommate.

So lets meet for lunchbssnacks at:

Sugar Creek Country Store
505 West Bertrand Avenue
St. Mary's, KS 66536

They open early but according to Philamena they don't start serving lunch until a little after 10 so 10:30 is a good arrival time to shoot for. That will let you do a little wandering around in the store to decide on what you're going to take home with you after lunch.

This store is located on the highway running through St. Mary's so if you don't want to park right in front of the store and have to back out on the highway there's lots of parking on the side streets just a few steps away. So what better way to get ready for Christmas than a ride to a town name St. Mary's! Hope to see you this Wednesday for lunch.

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Attachments
1 (2).jpg
2 (1).jpg
3 (1).jpg
1 (1).jpg
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

Re: LUNCH 11 AM, DEC. 13, SUGAR CREEK COUNTRY STORE, ST. MARY'S, KS.

Post by schoolmaster »

Today was a very pleasant day temperature-wise for mid-December. And if you were riding south you might not have even had to start your motorcycle because you had at least a 30 mph assist from the wind, but it made it an adventure if you were riding east or west, because the wind gusts certainly could get your attention. However, 28 ROMEOS made the trip to St. Mary's for lunch at the Sugar Creek Country Store. They certainly were ready for us. They had tables reserved on the west side of the store just for us and from all reports the deli sandwiches were excellent. I also noticed quite a few sacks full of goodies making their way into saddlebags for the ride home. There certainly is a lot of stuff to attract your attention in this place!

IT SURE WAS A GREAT DAY TO BE A ROMEO! Thanks to everyone who came out today!
Attachments
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
3 (2).jpg
2 (3).jpg
SANTA CLAUS CAME A LITTLE EARLY FOR JOHN THIS YEAR.  AND HE LEFT HIM A BRAND NEW 2018 ROAD GLIDE!  THIS IS A REALLY NICE BIKE!!
SANTA CLAUS CAME A LITTLE EARLY FOR JOHN THIS YEAR. AND HE LEFT HIM A BRAND NEW 2018 ROAD GLIDE! THIS IS A REALLY NICE BIKE!!
12.jpg
13.jpg
10.jpg
WHO KNEW THERE WERE THIS MANY KINDS OF FLOUR!!??
WHO KNEW THERE WERE THIS MANY KINDS OF FLOUR!!??
CANDY ANYONE?
CANDY ANYONE?
THERE WERE SOME REALLY IMPRESSIVE GINGERBREAD HOUSES!
THERE WERE SOME REALLY IMPRESSIVE GINGERBREAD HOUSES!
THEY MUST HAVE BEEN HAVING A CONTEST BECAUSE THERE WERE A LOT OF THESE.  IT WOULD BEEN TOUGH TO PICK THE BEST ONE!!
THEY MUST HAVE BEEN HAVING A CONTEST BECAUSE THERE WERE A LOT OF THESE. IT WOULD BEEN TOUGH TO PICK THE BEST ONE!!
19.jpg
THE TOY SOLDIER WAS SCRATCHING HIS HEAD LIKE HE'D LOST HIS GUN.  I THINK I KNOW WHERE HE COULD FIND IT!
THE TOY SOLDIER WAS SCRATCHING HIS HEAD LIKE HE'D LOST HIS GUN. I THINK I KNOW WHERE HE COULD FIND IT!
THEY HAD ROW AFTER ROW OF PICKLED AND CANNED FRUITS AND VEGGIES.  AND THEY ALL LOOKED WONDERFUL!
THEY HAD ROW AFTER ROW OF PICKLED AND CANNED FRUITS AND VEGGIES. AND THEY ALL LOOKED WONDERFUL!
EVERYONE HUNG AROUND AND VISITED FOR QUITE AWHILE TODAY.  IT WAS REALLY PLEASANT IN THE SUN AND THE WIND WASN'T BAD ON MAIN STREET.
EVERYONE HUNG AROUND AND VISITED FOR QUITE AWHILE TODAY. IT WAS REALLY PLEASANT IN THE SUN AND THE WIND WASN'T BAD ON MAIN STREET.
I HAD TOLD THEM TO EXPECT 25 TODAY.  THESE 3 CAME IN A LITTLE LATE AND BROUGHT OUR TOTAL TO 28.
I HAD TOLD THEM TO EXPECT 25 TODAY. THESE 3 CAME IN A LITTLE LATE AND BROUGHT OUR TOTAL TO 28.
'TIS THE SEASON IN THE DELI.
'TIS THE SEASON IN THE DELI.
AL WAS TRYING TO DECIDE WHETHER HE HAD ENOUGH MONEY LEFT TO BUY JIM ONE OF THESE SUCKERS!
AL WAS TRYING TO DECIDE WHETHER HE HAD ENOUGH MONEY LEFT TO BUY JIM ONE OF THESE SUCKERS!
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster