LUNCH 11 AM, NOV. 29. SCRANTON TAVERN, SCRANTON, KS.

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

Post by schoolmaster »

It's been exactly one year since we've been to the Scranton Tavern, and after a week of turkey and dressing, guess what? It's MEXICAN MADNESS at the Scranton Tavern. But if that doesn't tilt your sombrero, then you can order off the menu. As I recall, one of the better hamburgers in Scranton can be found at the Tavern.

Now, they don't open until 11, but Kathy said that she'd put the coffee on early so you can come in around 10:30 and watch the grease warm up in the deep fat fryer until 11. Now if you can find something more fun than that to do in Scranton I'll kiss your grits!

So let's plan on meeting up next Wednesday for lunch at the:

Scranton Tavern
301 Brownie Street
Scranton, KS 66537
Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc.
Attachments
1 (1).jpg
2 (1).jpg
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

Post by schoolmaster »

I told them to expect maybe 20 today for lunch. I only missed it by about 20. But instead of everyone getting half a serving, the staff at the Scranton Tavern managed to feed all 40 of us and did it pretty efficiently. Mexican Madness came off without a hitch and quite a few took advantage of the $1 tacos. They were really good, full of taco meat and a heck of a deal for a buck! Al ordered the cheeseburger and he said it was a good ol' fashioned burger, so I guess it worked out just fine for lunch.

Although the day started out sort of gray and overcast and pretty chilly, by late morning the sun had come out and it was a beautiful ride home with temperatures in the 50's. So it was a pretty good day to be a ROMEO!

Attachments
5.jpg
6.jpg
4.jpg
3 (1).jpg
2 (3).jpg
1 (2).jpg
GRANDMA MAY HAVE BEEN RUN OVER BY A REINDEER, BUT CRAIG CAUGHT IT AND SAVED CHRISTMAS IN SCRANTON!
GRANDMA MAY HAVE BEEN RUN OVER BY A REINDEER, BUT CRAIG CAUGHT IT AND SAVED CHRISTMAS IN SCRANTON!
13.jpg
APPARENTLY LUNCH WAS PRETTY GOOD TODAY. SHE WAS LICKING HER CHOPS! OR MAYBE SHE WAS JUST HAPPY ABOUT THE JAYHAWKER BASKETBALL VICTORY LAST NIGHT!
APPARENTLY LUNCH WAS PRETTY GOOD TODAY. SHE WAS LICKING HER CHOPS! OR MAYBE SHE WAS JUST HAPPY ABOUT THE JAYHAWKER BASKETBALL VICTORY LAST NIGHT!
A LITTLE AFTER DINNER CONVERSATION, AND A GAME OF POCKET POOL. KEITH WAS CALLING THE SHOTS AND BUTCH AND ALLEN WERE PLAYING.
A LITTLE AFTER DINNER CONVERSATION, AND A GAME OF POCKET POOL. KEITH WAS CALLING THE SHOTS AND BUTCH AND ALLEN WERE PLAYING.
9.jpg
WE CAME, WE ATE, AND THIS WAS THE AFTERMATH!
WE CAME, WE ATE, AND THIS WAS THE AFTERMATH!
7.jpg
8.jpg
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster