LUNCH 11 AM, NOV. 15, Old Town Bar & Grill, Lancaster, KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

LUNCH 11 AM, NOV. 15, Old Town Bar & Grill, Lancaster, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

We went southwest last week so this week it's northeast. I'm taking a little bit of a chance going away from our normal places this time of year but I guess we'll find out how much you all are up for a little bit of an adventure at a new place this time of year. Forecast for next Wednesday is a high of 59 with a low of only 44 the night before so we might just get lucky for a nice ride this time of year. A couple of months ago Jim took me by this place to check it out and I think this will be a fun new place to try so we'll give it a go and see what you think. So let's meet for lunch at the:

Old Town Bar & Grill
205 North Broadway
Lancaster, KS
913-804-1201

Oh, and the special for next Wednesday is a Reuben Sandwich, but if you're not up for that they have the usual sorts of things you'd expect to find when you're dining on Broadway. I hope to see you next Wednesday in Lancaster!

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc.
Thanks Gary!
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

RIDE REPORT: NOV. 15, Old Town Bar & Grill, Lancaster, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

S
Finally we got a day with lots of sunshine and no rain or wind to speak of. And man did we take advantage of it today. I was a little worried about whether we'd have a nice showing for the Old Town Bar and Grill but I shouldn't have worried! We ended up with 36 ROMEOS taking advantage of the day to get out and take advantage of what was nearly a perfect day to get out and ride.

Although the waitress called in sick and left them a little short handed, it didn't seem to hold things up too much. The food was good, everyone got served in a reasonable amount of time, and it left plenty of time to hang around outside and visit. It seemed like everyone hung around and enjoyed the day even longer than usual. So I think it turned out to be a great day to be a ROMEO!

Thanks to everyone who showed up to break in a new place!

Next week is Thanksgiving week but I'll go ahead and schedule a ride even though it's the day before the holiday for those of you who want to get a quick ride in before all the company gets there. But I'll try to keep it quick and easy!
Attachments
3 (2).jpg
It's Christmas time in the city.  Broadway was all duded up!
It's Christmas time in the city. Broadway was all duded up!
5 (1).jpg
6 (1).jpg
1 (2).jpg
2 (3).jpg
7 (1).jpg
8 (1).jpg
9 (1).jpg
10 (1).jpg
Allen was being hosted at the table by the mayor of Lancaster, our own Romeo Jim!
Allen was being hosted at the table by the mayor of Lancaster, our own Romeo Jim!
12 (1).jpg
We cleaned them out of the special.  They wiped it off the "specials board" by 11:45!  Sorry regulars, no special for you  today!
We cleaned them out of the special. They wiped it off the "specials board" by 11:45! Sorry regulars, no special for you today!
I think I could eat here every day this week.
I think I could eat here every day this week.
15 (1).jpg
Business was booming on Broadway today!!
Business was booming on Broadway today!!
We all know Harry is always full of plenty of fertilizer!  Now we know where he gets it!!
We all know Harry is always full of plenty of fertilizer! Now we know where he gets it!!
It takes money to make money.  Gotta start somewhere.
It takes money to make money. Gotta start somewhere.
Nobody was in much of a hurry to leave today.
Nobody was in much of a hurry to leave today.
Harry spreading fertilizer amongst his flock!
Harry spreading fertilizer amongst his flock!
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster