LUNCH 11 AM November 8, Somerset Hall Cafe, Dover, KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

swanee

LUNCH 11 AM November 8, Somerset Hall Cafe, Dover, KS

Post by swanee »

Mick called and said he had a conflict that came up for Wednesday so it was my turn to post a ride. What with short notice and forecasts saying high in the 40's, that's a good excuse to pick an easy and not-far place that I don't think anybody will object to whether they decide to take 2, 3, 4 wheels or more.

We haven't been to Somerset Hall Cafe in nearly a year. I thought about them a few days ago when when Gary emailed a travel website's list of Kansas eateries "worth waiting in line for." They were on the list, which didn't surprise me since their pies are so famous it's probably the most world-renowned business in all of Dover. But don't worry about the "wait" part. Though they pack in pretty good crowds around noon it's been rare that ROMEO's have had to wait long. We generally get there early which means before 10:30 if you want breakfast or right at 11:00 for lunch. Doesn't take long to get served because you don't if you get the lunch special (it's a buffet with chicken tortellini and trimmings up for Wednesday--that sounds real good to me!) Or you can order off the menu which shouldn't take too long either if you're there by 11:00.

So make your epic trek this year to downtown Dover on however many wheels you feel like, and we'll see ya at:

Sommerset Hall Cafe
Dover, Kansas
785-256-6223

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Attachments
Somrsethall.gif
Somrsethall.gif (30.21 KiB) Viewed 581 times
swanee

Ride Report: November 8, Somerset Hall Cafe, Dover, KS

Post by swanee »

We had 20+ bikes and 20-something ROMEOs come to Dover today--not bad for a cold November day. But lots of sunshine and no wind made what started out a very chilly morning turn into a pretty decent riding day. That's assuming you dressed for it that is, but by the time lunch was over a few guys were actually peeling off a layer or two. Some who hadn't already indulged in the famous Dover desserts were even talking about doing more riding to get pie or just to ride.

As usual Somerset Hall Cafe's food and service were great. We had several show up for breakfast then a bunch for lunch. While we never got the place crowded, the north side of the cafe pretty much stayed filled with ROMEOs until everybody had all they could eat. Then of course they started heading to the usual after-lunch parking lot BS session that takes place as the noon regulars start trickling in and wondering "Who are all these old coots? Apparently they can no longer figure out when it's too cold to ride motorcycles..." :?

But whether the weather is hot, cold or just right it always turns out to be a fun day for ROMEOs. Thanks to all who made it yet another one! 8-)
Attachments
DSC00796.JPG
DSC00795.JPG
DSC00794.JPG
DSC00793.JPG
DSC00792.JPG
DSC00791.JPG
DSC00790.JPG
DSC00789.JPG
DSC00788.JPG
DSC00786.JPG
DSC00785.JPG