LUNCH 11 AM, NOV. 1, BOBCAT'S BAR & GRILL, OZAWKIE, KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

LUNCH 11 AM, NOV. 1, BOBCAT'S BAR & GRILL, OZAWKIE, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

It looks like we might squeeze in another fairly decent day for fall riding although it might be a little cool first thing in the morning. We need to go a different direction this week, so north it is, although not too far. Everyone likes this place and there are nice roads to ride to get here and there should be plenty of fall color around Lake Perry right now. So we're going to have lunch at:

Bobcat's Bar & Grill
9392 K-92 Highway
Ozawkie, KS
785-338-6884

They don't open for lunch until 11 so if you get there early, on the way think up some stories to tell so you'll have something to share when you get there.

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc.
Thanks Gary!
Attachments
THIS WAS THE SPECIAL LAST YEAR AND IT WAS PRETTY DARN GOOD EATIN'.
THIS WAS THE SPECIAL LAST YEAR AND IT WAS PRETTY DARN GOOD EATIN'.
12.jpg (82.62 KiB) Viewed 481 times
THEY'RE ALREADY DECORATED FOR THE SEASON.  DON'T BE SCARED, IT'S ALL JUST FOR FUN.
THEY'RE ALREADY DECORATED FOR THE SEASON. DON'T BE SCARED, IT'S ALL JUST FOR FUN.
19.jpg (120.31 KiB) Viewed 481 times
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

RIDE REPORT: NOV. 1, BOBCAT'S BAR & GRILL, OZAWKIE, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

What better day could you ask for a fall motorcycle ride? With temperatures in the high 30's to start out the morning, a few snowflakes in the air, and brisk 25 mph winds blowing briskly from the south, you think to yourself, man I'm lucky to have a hobby like this! So I was not shocked when I pulled up in front of Bobcats and I saw a lot of motorcycles parked out front. :lol: We ended up with 26 ROMEOS when all was said and done, and almost all of them showed up on 2 or 3 wheels! Just goes to show you what a committed bunch of old folks can do when they put their minds to it!!

The food was a little slow coming out of the kitchen, but I didn't hear anyone complaining when they got it, because I think everyone thought it was fantastic. And for Marvin, he got his first opportunity ever to try chicken and waffles and he gave it a big thumbs up, even after dipping his fries in maple syrup.

So thanks to everyone who rode today, it was a great day to be a ROMEO!!
Attachments
2 (1).jpg
3 (1).jpg
1 (1).jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
Two things you don't typically think of together, a motorcycle ride and warming up by a nice wood stove!
Two things you don't typically think of together, a motorcycle ride and warming up by a nice wood stove!
10.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
The pork tenderloin was pretty darned good too!
The pork tenderloin was pretty darned good too!
13.jpg
Marvin reported that his chicken and waffle was pretty darned good! And he also enjoyed dipping his fries in syrup!
Marvin reported that his chicken and waffle was pretty darned good! And he also enjoyed dipping his fries in syrup!
15.jpg
16.jpg
11.jpg
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster