LUNCH 11 AM, Oct. 25, EZ Rock Cafe, Lyndon, KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

LUNCH 11 AM, Oct. 25, EZ Rock Cafe, Lyndon, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

It's been a long, long time since we've visited this restaurant, but that's about to change. I stopped in today and checked it out and I think this is just the ticket for next week. This feels like you've stepped back into time, circa 1960, with rock 'n roll on the jukebox and Jimmy Dean and Elvis posters everywhere and there's even a 1956 (or so) Caddy in the corner. I couldn't see the taillights so I couldn't tell for sure! They aren't open for breakfast but they said if you get there around 10:30 they'll let you in and might even feed you a little early.

And since it's going to be a little bit cooler, how about a huge open faced roast beef sandwich as the special just to get you in the cooler weather mood.I think if you show up you'll have a rockin' good time, so let's "Rock on Down" to:

Wild Bill & Miss Ellie's EZ Rock Cafe
1304 N.Topeka Ave.
Lyndon, KS
This restaurant is located on the west side of Highway 75 just on the north edge of Lyndon.

http:www.facebook.com/EZRockCafe

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc.
Thanks Gary!
Attachments
IMG_0545.jpg
IMG_0546.jpg
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

RIDE REPORT: Oct. 25, EZ Rock Cafe, Lyndon, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

I know you get tired of hearing me say this but it was a beautiful day to ride! Although it was chilly early and the electric gloves felt pretty good on the ride out, by arrival in Lyndon all the electrics were turned off and it felt like it was about time to start shedding layers. So on the ride home it was in the low 70's with just a slight breeze, just perfect for a glorious ride through the fall Kansas countryside!!

The EZ Rock Cafe was a ROMEO kind of place and they were the perfect hosts for us. They were excited to see us there and would love to have us back. We felt the same way. So this won't be our last visit to the EZ Rock. It's nice to have another place there since it's been a couple of years since Cafe Thyme shut their doors. We had a nice size group, according to Hozer, 26 ROMEOS showed up and the bulk of us chose the special, a hot roast beef sandwich with lots of mashed potatoes and gravy, perfect for a fall lunch. But several had burgers, and in fact the double bacon cheeseburger was so big that Craig tried but he couldn't do it, he couldn't manage to eat it all!

This ride was topped off by several (seven) of us that chose to go home via the Miracle Cafe, and guess what...we arrived just as they were pulling several pies right out of the oven. Then on west to Hwy. 99 and home through Eskridge and Dover (and no, we didn't stop again for pie!). All in all, a great Wednesday ride and as you might have expected, it was a darn great day to be a ROMEO!!

Thanks to everyone who rode today. Great food, great roads, great friends. What a great way to spend a nice fall afternoon. And just to think, a bunch of us used to have jobs!
Attachments
3 (1).jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
YOU HAVE TO ASK PERMISSION FROM LARRY #2 TO SIT AT A RESERVED TABLE.  OBVIOUSLY ONLY TWO OTHERS GARNERED AN INVITATION.
YOU HAVE TO ASK PERMISSION FROM LARRY #2 TO SIT AT A RESERVED TABLE. OBVIOUSLY ONLY TWO OTHERS GARNERED AN INVITATION.
2 (1).jpg
SWANEE HAD HIS POST-LUNCH CIGAR BEFORE LUNCH TODAY.
SWANEE HAD HIS POST-LUNCH CIGAR BEFORE LUNCH TODAY.
HOZER, LOOSENING UP FOR THE "COUNT".
HOZER, LOOSENING UP FOR THE "COUNT".
MIKE H WAS GIVING THE FORMULA FOR REMOVING ROAD STRIPING PAINT FROM A NEW  GOLD WING.  MARVIN WASN'T TOO CONCERNED BECAUSE HE KNOWS IT WON'T STICK TO A HARLEY.
MIKE H WAS GIVING THE FORMULA FOR REMOVING ROAD STRIPING PAINT FROM A NEW GOLD WING. MARVIN WASN'T TOO CONCERNED BECAUSE HE KNOWS IT WON'T STICK TO A HARLEY.
7.jpg
WHEN YOU ASK FOR ICE WATER, YOU GET ICE WATER!
WHEN YOU ASK FOR ICE WATER, YOU GET ICE WATER!
THIS WAS THE DOUBLE BACON CHEESEBURGER, AND CRAIG HAD BEEN EATING ON IT FOR ABOUT HALF AN HOUR AT THIS POINT.  HE GAVE UP ABOUT 15 MINUTES LATER.
THIS WAS THE DOUBLE BACON CHEESEBURGER, AND CRAIG HAD BEEN EATING ON IT FOR ABOUT HALF AN HOUR AT THIS POINT. HE GAVE UP ABOUT 15 MINUTES LATER.
10.jpg
15.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster