LUNCH 11 AM, Oct. 11, Lebo Diner, Lebo, KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

LUNCH 11 AM, Oct. 11, Lebo Diner, Lebo, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

We haven't been to the Lebo Diner for a long time and one reason is because they had been closed for a long time. But a few weeks ago I was visiting with the woman who owns the Miracle Cafe and she mentioned that a young man had recently opened the Lebo Diner again. So I called Josh, and he confirmed that he had reopened the diner and they have a couple of weeks under their belt now and he said they'd love to have us although they have never hosted a group before. I told him that for the most part we were old, slow, and mostly patient. He is thrilled to have us and I'm sure it will be a boost to a small restaurant getting started so we're going to give him a chance.

They are open for breakfast and serve it until a little before 11, then switch over to lunch at 11. I told him some of us would show up a little early for breakfast and that the bulk of us would arrive between 10:30 and 11 and we'd be out of his hair by noon so we wouldn't mess with his regular lunch crowd.

So let's meet up around 10:30 at:

Lebo Diner
1060 Bree
Lebo, KS 66856
620-256-5900

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc.
Thanks Gary!
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

RIDE REPORT: Oct. 11, Lebo Diner, Lebo, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

It started out pretty chilly this morning when I left, around 43 degrees, but as the cloud cover burned away it warmed up nicely and the ride home was about as good as it gets with no wind, bright skies and mid 60's. I was afraid with the chilly temperatures this morning that a ride all the way to Lebo might scare away some folks, but I shouldn't have worried. When I got there around 10:20 there were already nearly a dozen bikes there, and according to Hozer, at one time or another there were 54 bikes parked around the Lebo Diner. But my estimate of between 25 and 40 at the most didn't seem to faze the staff because they handled us in fine shape. Other than a little problem with their new cash register system that held us up a little bit in checking out, our first visit to the Lebo Diner in a long time worked out just fine!

The special was an open face roast beef with a salad, mashed potatoes and gravy and jello and fruit plus tea or coffee for $7.99 I think they served a lot of those. The food was good, it is a nice place to visit, and everyone seemed to have a great time so I guess we'll keep the Lebo Diner on our list.

It turned out it sure was a great day to be a ROMEO! Thanks to everyone who rode today.
Attachments
3 (3).jpg
4 (2).jpg
5 (2).jpg
2 (4).jpg
1 (4).jpg
9 (2).jpg
10 (2).jpg
8 (2).jpg
7 (2).jpg
6 (2).jpg
11 (2).jpg