LUNCH 11 AM, SEPT. 27, SMOKED CREATIONS BBQ, OTTAWA, KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

swanee

LUNCH 11 AM, SEPT. 27, SMOKED CREATIONS BBQ, OTTAWA, KS

Post by swanee »

It's been over 6 months since we've been to this favorite. I was out of town then but Bucky reported it was a very cold day so we only had a small group. IF the rain is out of these parts by Wednesday, and forecasts are looking like it might be, the current sweltering heat should be gone and we should have an ideal fall riding day this time! The majority of us have been to Smoked Creations before and know how good the food is, so I don't need to say much on that...and for those who haven't yet it's about time you found out.

As usual staff would prefer that most of us show up in the neighborhood of 10:45 so they can decide how they're going to arrange seating for us (I think we've thrown crowds at them anywhere from the dozen range to upwards of 80 depending on the weather that day). They don't "officially" start serving until 11:00, but if you get there before 10:45 there's plenty of parking lot to BS in. See ya at:

Smoked Creation's BBQ
222 EAST Logan
Ottawa, Ks 66067
785 242 4227

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc

Attachments
smokedcrtns.JPG
smokedcrtns.JPG (144.66 KiB) Viewed 556 times
swanee

Ride Report: SEPT. 27 SMOKED CREATIONS BBQ

Post by swanee »

Smoked Creations dished out great food with great service again! We had 20+ bikes and a couple of cages hauling 20-something Romeos to Ottawa on a day that started out a bit wet and dreary in those parts, so the crowd didn't turn out as big as it would have if there had been sunshine all day. But we had a darn good not-so-huge group and the rain had pretty much left Ottawa and vicinity by the time most of us got there. I think the only rider who reported being in rain & drizzle for a long time was Tad from the SE group who, as he has many times, rode the farthest today.

The rest of us rode at least part of the way on wet roads getting to Ottawa, but nobody was pouring water out of their boots this time and the weather turned out pretty decent after lunch--we enjoyed riding home in dry weather that was also nice and COOL for a change. The "special" was a BBQ sandwich with your choice of meat plus beans and slaw which was VERY popular! Here's a few pics...
Attachments
DSC00774.JPG
DSC00773.JPG
DSC00772.JPG
DSC00769.JPG
DSC00768.JPG
DSC00765.JPG
DSC00764.JPG
DSC00763.JPG
DSC00762.JPG
DSC00761.JPG
DSC00760.JPG