LUNCH 11 AM, SEPT. 20, Miracle Cafe, Reading, KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

LUNCH 11 AM, SEPT. 20, Miracle Cafe, Reading, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

Sorry for the late post but sometimes life gets in the way. Anyway, we haven't been to Reading for awhile so as Oral Roberts says, "Expect a Miracle". Or rather, lunch at:

Miracle Cafe
103 Franklin St.
Reading, KS 66868

She opens for breakfast at 9:00 and switches over to lunch around 11:00. The lunch special on Wednesday is Cook's Choice! So lets just hope she doesn't hit a possum on the way to work that morning. See you in Reading on Wednesday.

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc.
Attachments
1 (2).jpg
1 (2).jpg (45.74 KiB) Viewed 613 times
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

RIDE REPORT: SEPT. 20, Miracle Cafe, Reading, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

It was sort of a muggy blustery day for mid-September but the slightly overcast skies helped on the ride home so all in all it was a pretty nice nearly fall day to ride. According to Hozer, at one point there were 27 motorcycles parked outside the Miracle Cafe and I think we ended up with around 30 ROMEOS that decided to dine at the Miracle Cafe today. On the ride home I thought about the changes that are occurring on the landscape, with corn fields being cut and bean fields turning yellow getting ready to give up the results of the their summer work. The entire countryside has a different look as the trees are starting to change colors a little bit and you just sense that change is coming. I love the changing of seasons in the Midwest and I think we're really lucky to get to experience that several times a year, I just never tire of it!

Lunch was good and everyone seemed to get their fill. Great day to be a ROMEO!! Thanks to everyone who ventured out to the Flint Hills today!
Attachments
I've taken pictures of this many times, but I never get tired of it!
I've taken pictures of this many times, but I never get tired of it!
3 (2).jpg
1 (2).jpg
I felt a little bit like the cinnamon on the Oatmeal today since I followed the Gang into town.
I felt a little bit like the cinnamon on the Oatmeal today since I followed the Gang into town.
5 (1).jpg
6 (1).jpg
The staff did a great job today.  The owner came out and thanked us for coming and expressed how much our business meant to her!
The staff did a great job today. The owner came out and thanked us for coming and expressed how much our business meant to her!
8 (1).jpg
9 (1).jpg
10 (1).jpg
11 (1).jpg
If this isn't a classic piece of small town Americana, then I don't know what is!!
If this isn't a classic piece of small town Americana, then I don't know what is!!
13 (1).jpg
I was going to go in here, but I didn't know where to have them start.
I was going to go in here, but I didn't know where to have them start.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster