LUNCH 11 AM, SEPT. 13, BLUE RIBBON DINER, HORTON, KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

LUNCH 11 AM, SEPT. 13, BLUE RIBBON DINER, HORTON, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

The last time we were in Horton was November, 2014 so it's high time we made it back there. Although some of our group will be in Arkansas at the Rendezvous, that doesn't mean that the rest of us can't have a great fall ride for lunch in Kansas. So let's all meet up for lunch at:

The Blue Ribbon Diner
115 W. 7th
Horton, KS 66439

They are open for breakfast and switch over to lunch at 11. Wesley is excited to have us and he is planning a chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, vegetable and roll special for $6.50! You can't beat a lunch deal like that. So join us for either a late breakfast or lunch on Wednesday in Horton, America.
For those of you who don't remember, Horton is a famous old Rock Island Railroad town. It may not look the same as it did around the late 19th century but the history is still there! If you're interested check out this link:

https://www.kshs.org/publicat/history/2 ... astler.pdf

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc.
Thanks Gary!
Last edited by schoolmaster on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
Kansas

Re: LUNCH 11 AM, SEPT. 13, BLUE RIBBON DINER, HORTON, KS

Post by Kansas »

Thanks for the link to Horton's history. Wow.
schoolmaster

RIDE REPORT: BLUE RIBBON DINER, HORTON, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

It was another late summer morning to ride with clear skies, no wind and temperatures in the 70's. If the weather was like this I'd live here! Even with a lot of us in Arkansas for the Rendezvous, Hoser counted 32 ROMEOS that stayed behind to keep the home fires burning in Horton. A few came for breakfast but the vast majority came for the $6.50 Chicken fried steak special. The food was very good and the service was excellent. I'd give this diner a Blue Ribbon!!

I think everyone had a good time. It was a great day to be a ROMEO, no matter where you were!
Attachments
3 (1).jpg
4.jpg
Hoser says hi!  After all that counting he still had the energy to wave.
Hoser says hi! After all that counting he still had the energy to wave.
2 (1).jpg
We ended up filling this parking lot. Larry #2 found some blacktop across the street.
We ended up filling this parking lot. Larry #2 found some blacktop across the street.
9.jpg
$6.50
$6.50
7.jpg
8.jpg
6.jpg
A view of downtown Horton from the suburbs!
A view of downtown Horton from the suburbs!
If this building could talk, I'll bet it could tell some stories.
If this building could talk, I'll bet it could tell some stories.
12.jpg
11.jpg
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster