Request from the family of Rod Damme

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

Request from the family of Rod Damme

Post by schoolmaster »

Marvin's wife Shirley called me and she has spoken to Rod Damme's family about the services for Rod. Some of you may choose to attend the visitation on Monday evening between 5 and 9. However, the family has asked that if ROMEOS attend the funeral on Tuesday morning, they would be welcome to ride their bikes and wear their ROMEO shirts to the service and sit together as much as possible. I will be out of town on Monday so I will be attending the service on Tuesday. I suggest that if you want to ride and wear your ROMEO shirt, that we arrive around 9:30 at the American Legion Hall, 410 Perry Place, Perry KS. We can gather there and then we could try to sit together as a group as much as possible. The family acknowledged that Rod really enjoyed the ROMEOS and looked forward to every Wednesday ride, so it would be appropriate for us to have a nice group there in his honor.

They also mentioned that they will have an opportunity for friends to share recollections of their experiences with Rod if they wish so if anyone wants to speak they will be welcome. Again, I will be there around 9:30 and will meet up with any of you that plan to attend the services.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster