NEW PLAN FOR LUNCH ON 8/16!!!! 11 AM AT PERRY BAR & GRILL, PERRY, KS.

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

NEW PLAN FOR LUNCH ON 8/16!!!! 11 AM AT PERRY BAR & GRILL, PERRY, KS.

Post by schoolmaster »

I did something I haven't done in the 4 years I've been coordinating these rides! I posted a ride before checking with the restaurant and that's a mistake I'll not make again! I was out of town last weekend for a family event and had limited access to the internet. When I got home Sunday night I wanted to get something posted so you all wouldn't start getting nervous not knowing where lunch was going to be Wednesday! So I picked a place that we have liked and is big enough that they could handle our group with no problem. But I have had no luck getting in touch with anyone and I suspect that due to the recent motorcycle accident and death of the owner of the restaurant that they have curtailed their hours for now. I have also subsequently been informed that as of now they are only open on Friday and Saturday evenings. So there will be no lunch at the Slow Ride this week[

Instead we are moving the ride 10 miles west to the:

Perry Bar and Grill
215 E. Front St.
Perry, KS 66073

Again, I apologize for my mismanagement of this lunch. Since 50 of you had already checked this post, please let your riding buddies know that there has been a change in plans. Just in case, I'll be at the Slow Ride at 10:30 so that if anyone shows up there I can direct them to the Perry Bar and Grill. I think this is an indication that I have been doing this job too long and should be replaced so let's get a groundswell of support for kicking me out and finding someone else that will do this job properly!!!!

Map has been changed.
Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Last edited by Parkville Rider on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added Romeo Lunch Ride Map Link
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
DennisG

Re: NEW PLAN FOR LUNCH ON 8/16!!!! 11 AM AT PERRY BAR & GRILL, PERRY, KS.

Post by DennisG »

I'm at slow ride. I just checked phone dumby me see you next week.
schoolmaster

RIDE REPORT FOR LUNCH ON 8/16!!!! 11 AM AT PERRY BAR & GRILL, PERRY, KS.

Post by schoolmaster »

As predicted it was a rainy day to start out the morning and although we didn't get as big a storm as expected, it was still enough to keep most everyone either home or getting a little cage time this morning. But not Larry #3, Mike, Jim, and Don who put on their rain gear and rode in spite of the weather. They were rewarded because after we stepped out from lunch it was clear and sunny and looked like it was going to be a beautiful afternoon to ride home.

I did go to Slow Ride for about 20 minutes this morning to direct anyone who might have missed the changed lunch plan to redirect them to the Perry Bar and Grill but no one showed up by 10:45 so I headed on over to Perry. We still managed to get 15 ROMEOS that made it for lunch in spite of the weather this morning so thanks to everyone who made the effort!

On a sad note, although I don't have many details yet, I received a call from Marvin's wife informing me that while Marvin and Rod Damme were riding in Colorado yesterday, Rod suffered a fatal heart attack after stopping to put on his jacket during a ride up Pikes Peak. We are shocked and saddened to hear this news of Rod's untimely passing and our heartfelt condolences go out to Rod's family. If I receive further information about services I will pass them along on the website or if someone else gets them please post them so that everyone will get the information.
Attachments
Not a cloud in the sky after lunch!
Not a cloud in the sky after lunch!
7.jpg
2 (1).jpg
Contrary to what we were beginning to wonder, Joanie is recovered from her tree cutting incident and Harold, Jr. is not going to be indicted.
Contrary to what we were beginning to wonder, Joanie is recovered from her tree cutting incident and Harold, Jr. is not going to be indicted.
4.jpg
5.jpg
Rainy and cloudy when we arrived.
Rainy and cloudy when we arrived.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
lindad608

Re: NEW PLAN FOR LUNCH ON 8/16!!!! 11 AM AT PERRY BAR & GRILL, PERRY, KS.

Post by lindad608 »

RIP Rod,  Always had a smile. You will be missed. Condolences to the family.
RIP Rod, Always had a smile. You will be missed. Condolences to the family.