LUNCH 11 AM, August 9, Fulmer's Kansas Premium Meats, Belvue, KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

LUNCH 11 AM, August 9, Fulmer's Kansas Premium Meats, Belvue, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

Always on the hunt for the perfect lunch spot, I stopped in here a couple of years ago and thought it might be a good spot to try for lunch sometime but for some reason or other never got around to scheduling this one. Since the weather looks good for next week and the fact that it's time to, as the old motto suggests, "Go west young man!", then this seemed like the time and the place. Even though "young man" doesn't quite fit the description of this group we can at least do the "Go West" part!

Now for the details. They open at 10. It's not a big place, but Laurie said they'd set up some extra tables to accommodate us. As the name of this place suggests, it started out as a meat shop and morphed into an eatery as well due to popular demand. They cook meat over charcoal: beef, buffalo, pork, and chicken. So don't expect to order a walnut pesto kale salad this week, even though I know you want to! Laurie also said that besides their general array of burgers, they will have two specials just for us: smoked chicken and pork wings. Yes, this is the week that pigs fly! So don't miss a chance to have lunch with a bunch of your fellow carnivores at:

Fuller's Kansas Premium Meats
22580 Hwy. 24
Bellevue, KS 66407

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc

Attachments
IMG_0488.jpg
IMG_0488.jpg (105.07 KiB) Viewed 957 times
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
kai61

Re: LUNCH 11 AM, August 9, Fulmer's Kansas Premium Meats, Belvue, KS

Post by kai61 »

Lorrie, the Manager of Premium Meats called to verify that the Romeos are still coming. I told her yes cause thats what the site says. She says Mick called last week. She made more tables and got extra help to cater to our coming !!!
May the Son embrace you and the Wind always smile upon you…
schoolmaster

RIDE REPORT: August 9, Fulmer's Kansas Premium Meats, Belvue, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

It was our first ROMEO ride to Fulmer's Meat Market in Belvue, but I guarantee it won't be our last. Laurie brought in extra help and set up extra tables to be ready for us and it worked out great. The food was excellent and it was a great place to sit around and shoot the breeze, either inside or outside on the porch under the awning. We had a nice turnout with 40+ showing for lunch on what turned out to be a perfect day to ride.

The ride down Highway 24 was really pretty and the corn definitely is as high as an elephant's eye with the green on both sides of the road being almost overwhelming. And the ride home over to Wamego and down Hwy 99 and back to Dover was absolutely spectacular, green as far as you could see. In fact, if you didn't love riding today, you should list your bike for sale and get rid of it as quickly as possible so you can find a nice quilting or crocheting group to occupy your time!

Sure was a great day to be a ROMEO!!
Attachments
Next time I stop here I'm going to bring my cooler!
Next time I stop here I'm going to bring my cooler!
These early birds helped Laurie open up at 9:15.
These early birds helped Laurie open up at 9:15.
6.jpg
Good question!
Good question!
2 (1).jpg
3 (1).jpg
1 (2).jpg
12.jpg
11.jpg
10.jpg
Allen and Robert couldn't make up the mIRinds so Laurie was helping them out.
Allen and Robert couldn't make up the mIRinds so Laurie was helping them out.
Rod had his hands full staying on until the whistle blew!
Rod had his hands full staying on until the whistle blew!
Larry 1, 2, 3, all in numerical order.  Don't get a triple Larry sighting very often these days!
Larry 1, 2, 3, all in numerical order. Don't get a triple Larry sighting very often these days!
Now you know why that old saying, "Don't let the grass grow under your feet" is true.  It'll grow plumb up through yer boots!
Now you know why that old saying, "Don't let the grass grow under your feet" is true. It'll grow plumb up through yer boots!
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
joetnks

Re: LUNCH 11 AM, August 9, Fulmer's Kansas Premium Meats, Belvue, KS

Post by joetnks »

Ya never could tell time too good....lol. But the ladies were very gracious and welcomed us in and offered water and or coffee while we waited. Those bierocks were by far the best I'd had in quite some time. Definitely going back! Great day to be a ROMEO!!.