LUNCH 10:30 AM, August 2 Cozy Cafe, Fairview, Ks

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

LUNCH 10:30 AM, August 2 Cozy Cafe, Fairview, Ks

Post by schoolmaster »

I think we'll return to the north this week because it's been a little while since we've been in this area. The last two times we've been here everyone has loved the food. The first time I tried to set this ride up a couple of years ago Linda was a little hesitant because motorcycle gangs aren't the norm in Fairview. But after a couple of years she's decided that we're great and she was actually excited to see us again, even Mike H.

If you haven't been here before, this is the definition of good ol' home cookin' and the menu board reflects that. They only serve what's on the board that day but the choices are always winners so you won't ride away disappointed! If you noticed in the heading of the post this is a lunch ride, but I'm setting the chow time for 10:30 so that we can get in and out before her normal lunch crowd shows up. The Cozy Cafe isn't real large but it's big enough to get us all in and then out before her respectable lunch business arrives. :)

So let's meet up for lunch around 10:30 at the:

Cozy Cafe
428. W. Commercial
Fairview, KS

When we're finished we can go out and stand on W. Commercial Street and admire all the traffic! So don't miss this one. The weather should be perfect, the food fantastic and the company can't be beat!!

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Attachments
1 (2).jpg
1 (2).jpg (47.94 KiB) Viewed 601 times
A couple of the specials from last year.
A couple of the specials from last year.
2 (3).jpg (57.99 KiB) Viewed 601 times
The welcome mat is out for these three now that she's had a couple of years to get used to Mike H.
The welcome mat is out for these three now that she's had a couple of years to get used to Mike H.
3 (1).jpg (51.55 KiB) Viewed 601 times
Admiring the traffic on West Commercial!
Admiring the traffic on West Commercial!
4.jpg (63.14 KiB) Viewed 601 times
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

RIDE REPORT: August 2 Cozy Cafe, Fairview, Ks

Post by schoolmaster »

I had a short "to-do" list to check off this morning so I arrived right at 10:30 in Fairview and the street was full of parked motorcycles with no riders in sight. After taking a few pictures I stepped inside and the place was full and people were starting to eat. There were three specials on the board: beef and noodles, ham steak, or roast beef with your choice of two sides and it didn't look like to me there was any one favorite. According to Hozer we had "somewhere over 40" so I think he was more interested in trying out this good ol' home cookin' then getting the Hozer count down to the gnat's eyebrow! :lol:

This place isn't very large, but Linda had her crew ready with extra help both out front and in the kitchen and she had "over 40" of us fed in and out the door in 1 hour! The awnings and benches out front lend themselves to hanging around and visiting and everyone certainly took advantage of that. One other thing of note, you can tell when you're riding in farm country because the bug population is up early and reporting for duty. I had a really nice flat butterfly collection on my windshield, fairing, helmet, gloves, and even a couple of nice ones on my pant legs when I returned home!

It was another beautiful day to ride, especially considering it is the first week of August. It didn't get above the mid 80's and we even rode through a little rain down around St. Marys on the way home just to cool things off a little bit more. Thanks to everyone who rode today. It sure made it a great day to be a ROMEO!

Attachments
1 (4).jpg
1 (4).jpg (47.55 KiB) Viewed 445 times
2 (4).jpg
2 (4).jpg (54.01 KiB) Viewed 445 times
3 (2).jpg
3 (2).jpg (46.52 KiB) Viewed 445 times
4 (1).jpg
4 (1).jpg (43.58 KiB) Viewed 445 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (40.98 KiB) Viewed 445 times
I believe this should be the ROMEO motto!  Maybe we ought to get this printed on our shirts (to go with the pie stains on the front!).
I believe this should be the ROMEO motto! Maybe we ought to get this printed on our shirts (to go with the pie stains on the front!).
6.jpg (27.26 KiB) Viewed 445 times
7.jpg
7.jpg (49.57 KiB) Viewed 445 times
8.jpg
8.jpg (50.27 KiB) Viewed 445 times
9.jpg
9.jpg (51.7 KiB) Viewed 445 times
Apparently when you're 16 you are just a little camera shy!
Apparently when you're 16 you are just a little camera shy!
10.jpg (51.47 KiB) Viewed 445 times
Have a very Gerbera Daisy Christmas!
Have a very Gerbera Daisy Christmas!
11.jpg (39.3 KiB) Viewed 445 times
12.jpg
12.jpg (57.33 KiB) Viewed 445 times
13.jpg
13.jpg (43.92 KiB) Viewed 445 times
14.jpg
14.jpg (49.83 KiB) Viewed 445 times
15.jpg
15.jpg (49.77 KiB) Viewed 445 times
High-rise construction in Fairview!
High-rise construction in Fairview!
16.jpg (28.68 KiB) Viewed 445 times
It looks like Harold, Jr. and Connie had been preaching to the sinner!
It looks like Harold, Jr. and Connie had been preaching to the sinner!
17.jpg (47.66 KiB) Viewed 445 times
18.jpg
18.jpg (47.88 KiB) Viewed 445 times
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster