"Brunch" 11 AM July 26, Breck's Green Acres Restaurant, Vassar KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

swanee

"Brunch" 11 AM July 26, Breck's Green Acres Restaurant, Vassar KS

Post by swanee »

Though we were in the vicinity of Vassar just a few weeks ago, I think it's about time we did our mid-year trek to good ole Green Acres cuz the place is just too good to only go there when a new year rolls around. Since it's looking like the 90's by afternoon --a little better than this week but still hot-- I told Teresa that this would likely turn out a breakfast and/or lunch kinda thing (maybe "brunch" is a little high-falutin' for ROMEOs though that's what I put in the topic line to save characters). Some will as usual be showing up for breakfast while others will want to wait for Green Acres' famous buffet at 1100 since it's worth riding home in the heat if you're a fan of fried bird. Hopefully all of us will get plenty of good eats regardless of when you get there then stick around and shoot the bull long enough to need your barnyard boots. It will be happening at:

Breck's Green Acres Restaurant
4961 KS-268
Vassar, KS
785-453-2166

Location of ROMEO rides for next week can be found at:

http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc

See you Wednesday 8-)
Attachments
GrAcresChicken.jpg
GrAcresChicken.jpg (57.65 KiB) Viewed 685 times
GrAcres.jpg
GrAcres.jpg (178.84 KiB) Viewed 685 times
swanee

Ride Report July 26, Breck's Green Acres Restaurant, Vassar KS

Post by swanee »

Well it turned out a pretty soggy day at Green Acres--that wasn't supposed to happen 'til later but sometimes the weather guy or gal doesn't get it quite right. I was surprised that we still had some 30+ ROMEOs show up in all and it wasn't a "cage day" either. Look below and you will see a bunch of WET bikes :!: Some rode in from the KC area which I understand was dry heading out since all this wet stuff magically appeared from the west. But some just couldn't pass up a nice cool ride in July, rain or no rain. We even had a few ride from the Topeka vicinity and it was already pouring down at my house when I left (the bike was ready to go but the car went).

Quite a few got wet but nobody melted as far as I know, and rain didn't put a damper on the fun and the food--which was real good as it always is at Green Acres. Thanks to all who showed up wet or dry to make it a great day for ROMEOs 8-)
Attachments
DSC00742.JPG
DSC00741.JPG
DSC00740.JPG
DSC00739.JPG
DSC00738.JPG
DSC00737.JPG
DSC00736.JPG
DSC00735.JPG
DSC00734.JPG
DSC00733.JPG
DSC00732.JPG