LUNCH 11 AM, July 5, Saddlerock Cafe, Council Grove, KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

LUNCH 11 AM, July 5, Saddlerock Cafe, Council Grove, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

Weather looks good, time to stretch it out a little bit so let's hit an old favorite for a lot of us. They serve breakfast and lunch so you can pick but 10:30 is a good time if you can't decide. So breakfastbslunch is the plan for next Wednesday at:

Saddlerock Cafe
15 S. 6th
Council Grove, KS 66846

Hope you can make the ride through the Flint Hills and enjoy some great food and company at the same time!

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

RIDE REPORT: July 5, Saddlerock Cafe, Council Grove, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

As I was riding across Highway 56 through the Flint Hills this morning I thought to myself how lucky I was to be able to do this. It was a stunning day to ride, clear blue skies, a light breeze, cool, and the vegetation is so green and lush that it nearly takes your breath away. And apparently I wasn't alone. Although Hozer wasn't there today, Swanee made a SWAG count and we think there were between 70 and 80 ROMEOS that decided to ride to Council Grove today.

Although I wasn't aware of it until I arrived, it didn't take me long to figure out that the North Central ROMEO's had decided to join us and it was really fun to see a lot of those guys that we don't see as much as we'd like. Most places couldn't handle both groups hitting at the same time but the Saddlerock took it in stride. It helped that quite a few went in a bit early and had breakfast, but we still filled both the back room and the main dining room more than once before we got out of there around noon.

It was especially gratifying to see Shirley Wege join us. Considering her recent health scare, she looked great and seemed back to normal. Junior didn't look too bad either, all things considered!! I took a few photos mostly to give you an idea of who all attended, but I'm sure I missed a lot of people because they just kept coming.

At any rate, thanks to everyone who rode today. It turned out to be a great day to be a ROMEO!
BUCKY'S GARAGE JUST GOT A LITTLE SMALLER.  HE NEEDS TO STAY OFF OF CRAIG'S LIST.
BUCKY'S GARAGE JUST GOT A LITTLE SMALLER. HE NEEDS TO STAY OFF OF CRAIG'S LIST.
IMG_1140.jpg
IMG_1141.jpg
IMG_1142.jpg
GOOD THING SHIRLEY HAS HER STRENGTH BACK!
GOOD THING SHIRLEY HAS HER STRENGTH BACK!
WE EVEN HAD BIKES PARKED AROUND SADDLEROCK LAKE.
WE EVEN HAD BIKES PARKED AROUND SADDLEROCK LAKE.
IMG_1145.jpg
IMG_1146.jpg
IMG_1147.jpg
IMG_1148.jpg
IMG_1149.jpg
IMG_1150.jpg
BOGIE AND MARY ROSE ARE LOOKING QUITE PATRIOTIC.  THE Kansas City COORDINATOR ALSO JOINED US TODAY.  ONE GRENADE COULD HAVE TAKEN A TOLL ON THE COORDINATORS TODAY-WE HAD THREE IN THE SAME ROOM!
BOGIE AND MARY ROSE ARE LOOKING QUITE PATRIOTIC. THE Kansas City COORDINATOR ALSO JOINED US TODAY. ONE GRENADE COULD HAVE TAKEN A TOLL ON THE COORDINATORS TODAY-WE HAD THREE IN THE SAME ROOM!
IMG_1152.jpg
HI TONY.
HI TONY.
PEACE KAI.
PEACE KAI.
IMG_1155.jpg
IMG_1156.jpg
THE OATMEAL GANG WAS A LONG WAY FROM HOME TODAY.
THE OATMEAL GANG WAS A LONG WAY FROM HOME TODAY.
THANKS MARTY FOR BRINGING THE NORTH CENTRAL GROUP TO JOIN US.  THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME I HAD GOTTEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO MEET MARTY.
THANKS MARTY FOR BRINGING THE NORTH CENTRAL GROUP TO JOIN US. THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME I HAD GOTTEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO MEET MARTY.
IMG_1159.jpg
LONG JOHN ARRIVED A LITTLE LATE TODAY, BUT ROGER WASN'T GOING TO WAIT FOR HIM TO RIDE BACK.
LONG JOHN ARRIVED A LITTLE LATE TODAY, BUT ROGER WASN'T GOING TO WAIT FOR HIM TO RIDE BACK.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster